Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FonzeOnline.com

• 15-12-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

http://fonezonline.com/

Looking at getting a new phone over Christmas and came across this website, saw their prices were lower than most places.

Just wondering if anyone has used them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i actually sow it aswell, was wondering about it...

Any feedback lads? /is it any good? alot of phones there are alot cheaper and unlucked,...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Until you hear from someone I wouldn't pass on any details to that website, there selling the sony satio for 409 including vat. Those are fairytale prices. Be very cautious.
    Website was only registered less than 4 weeks ago and they have the best prices in the world. Somethings not right!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Very suspect site ,contact information are mobile numbers and that is it,site looks like it was made in a rush, google them and there is no information on them ,only adverts on gumtree and the like , stay clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I picked up a flyer for this in a petrol station in Monaghan - I reckon it looks genuine enough then.

at those prices it can't be right, try buying 100 sony satios from someone like expansys tomorrow and see the best price you can get, 409 including vat each, not a hope.
    The old saying is true, paper never refused ink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ive emailed them to see if a phone can be collected in person and tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭jamesd

jamesd wrote: »
    Ive emailed them to see if a phone can be collected in person and tested.

Got an email back and he said they can be collected in person and tested.

Unlocked iphone for 549eu... too good to be truth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right Guys, I can see where this thread is headed. :)

Let's keep the comments factual and the lawyers calm.

did anyone actually got something from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This thread is about to be answered :D

Davy wrote: »
    This thread is about to be answered :D

lol you ordered something? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FonezOnline

http://fonezonline.com/

Looking at getting a new phone over Christmas and came across this website, saw their prices were lower than most places.

Just wondering if anyone has used them?

My name is <snip> from www.FonezOnline.com,
    i have recently started selling mobile phones with a friend from mullingar, all our phones are cheap because we are sourcing the phones directly from the factories ourself. we have only started out 2 months ago and are finding it hard to get off our feet. advertising costs alot and at the minute our budget cant match all costs. you will see that we have advertised on www.donedeal.ie. We work of small margins on our phones to get off the ground. if anyone has any queries to try and test us go for it.
    if you would like to buy a phone, you can pick up in store(meet face to fae and buy) off me or my partner and pay cash, and that way you will see for yourself that we are no scam.
    my number is <snip> and my partners is <snip> , i would be more than happy to talk. i will give you plenty of contacts that have already purchased from us and they can answer your questions.

thanks

My name is <snip> from www.FonezOnline.com,
    i have recently started selling mobile phones with a friend from mullingar, all our phones are cheap because we are sourcing the phones directly from the factories ourself. we have only started out 2 months ago and are finding it hard to get off our feet. advertising costs alot and at the minute our budget cant match all costs. you will see that we have advertised on www.donedeal.ie. We work of small margins on our phones to get off the ground. if anyone has any queries to try and test us go for it.
    if you would like to buy a phone, you can pick up in store(meet face to fae and buy) off me or my partner and pay cash, and that way you will see for yourself that we are no scam.
    my number is <snip> and my partners is <snip> , i would be more than happy to talk. i will give you plenty of contacts that have already purchased from us and they can answer your questions.

thanks

fair play. you have to understand, these days its very dodgy to trust online shops. Thought i still cant put mine finger on iphone 3gs for 549eu, which is unlocked. Is it factory unlocked or?

fair play. you have to understand, these days its very dodgy to trust online shops. Thought i still cant put mine finger on iphone 3gs for 549eu, which is unlocked. Is it factory unlocked or?

why is it unlocked?? it is unlocked so that the phone will suit every user, as if you buy in in o2, it will only work on one sim, this way it will work on everybodys sim.
    yes i understand it is dodgy to trust online shops, but we were being slated before our business has hit the high road, and its very unfair on us.

factory unlocked means that the phones have come straight from the factory, and have never been locked to any network, thus sim free.

if your are interested in the iphone i can have it for u on friday. and you can collect it off me and see for yourself.

thanks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi Ryan,

welcome to Boards.ie.

I've sent you a PM regarding a few things, could you have a look over it before you go any further.

Just to make sure we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. :)

why is it unlocked?? it is unlocked so that the phone will suit every user, as if you buy in in o2, it will obly work on one sim, this way it will work on everybodys sim.
    yes i understand it is dodgy to trust online shops, but we were being slated before our business has hit the high road, and its very unfair on us.

factory unlocked means that the phones have com straight from the factory, and have never been locked to any network, thus sim free.

thanks..

Sorry, i do know what unlock means... i mean that price for unlocked iphone 549eu is really really low, second hand ones go for allmoust 800eu... As long as i know you cant get unlocked iphones in ireland, only from countries like belguim. ( dont whant to go deeper in to this, there was thread about it).

to be honest, i wish all the best luck in your business, and i really whant it to work out for you. As pricesdo look reasanoble, not ussuall Irish rip off price tag.

but you have to understand people aswell, why they being suspiciuos, no one whants to losse theyr hard earned money on xmas present, which will newer come over...

thought i am allready having problem with pixmania... newer got the memoery card, for which i got charged allready :rolleyes:. heres the big name to you...

I would still would like more info on iphone if you dont mind...

the iPhone is brand new, works on all sim cards and networks.

the 3gs 16gb model is 549.

it comes in box with all acessories included.

any more queries let me know. id be glad to help

we are sourcing the phones directly from the factories ourself. we have only started out 2 months ago and are finding it hard to get off our feet.

This is the bit I don't understand, your in business 2mts, website registered a month ago and you've secured better pricing for apple products than anyone else in the country. Have you a direct agreement with apple?
    Are you sure you sure you've built in tax, vat, duty & fraud into you margins?

Nobody is selling ipod touches for 169 probably globally, I just don't see how you can make money?

Edit sorry apple in the US sell itouch for 137 or 199 dollars

Any update, did anyone buy anything?

• Advertisement

This is the bit I don't understand, your in business 2mts, website registered a month ago and you've secured better pricing for apple products than anyone else in the country. Have you a direct agreement with apple?
    Are you sure you sure you've built in tax, vat, duty & fraud into you margins?

Nobody is selling ipod touches for 169 probably globally, I just don't see how you can make money?

Edit sorry apple in the US sell itouch for 137 or 199 dollars

although we are in business 2 months. we have done alot of research online, visited companies to secure better prices on products and to make sure we are cheaper than any other shop. as i said we work of small margins but hope to gain large volumes. this way it helps customers for cheaper products and helps us gain larger quantity of sales.

of course this is no fraud, and yes tax is built into our margins. also why would we have to pay duty.

if you wanted to purchase a phone or ipod, we would be more than happy for you to collect and pay by cash or cheque. that way you will see the products are genuine and no fraud is involved.

i understand that people see that it might be a scam, but that is because other companies are in the usual trend of rip off ireland. we are here to have competitve prices and customer satisfaction and true value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

are ye going to be getting the Nokia N900 in? if so how much and when

the n900 should be available by mid jan. no price confirmed as of yet, but estimating around 500.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Can you provide a VAT invoice?

yes all relevant receipts and documents can be provided.

if its round 500 and its out in the next couple of weeks i would deffinatly buy it off of ye, do ye set up delivery?

Yes we delivery any products bought through the website or we can arrange to meet u face to face if you want whatever suits u best. so hopefully it will be in stock in the next week or so.

cool thanks il have to take a look into ye if the price is anything like the rest of yer phones where are ye based just out of interest in case i might be able to collect it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How much are you selling the E72 for, and when will it be in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hmm hate to be an arse but i still wouldn't feel safe buying off a company who can't spell phones correctly. prices are quite tempting though, shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement