Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer files to phone using wifi

• 16-12-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi, i'd like to transfer files to/from my java enabled samsung jet phone. It has wifi and a built in applet called 'connected home' but its very buggy and doesn't seem to work. I'd like to get some java applet that would provide files transfer capabilities. Anyone know of anything suitable?

I came across http://www.mbit.tv/ on google but haven't tried it yet. It seems like overkill for what i want which is a basic ftp server (or client) running on my phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

What issues are you having exactly ? I've used connected at home and streamed pics to my phone using it and it worked fine, haven't messed around doing it the other way around. Does your laptop/PC you're trying to transfer to have bluetooth, that's how I usually transfer when I don't have a USB cable handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Well i got some freeware software for the pc to share out stuff but when the phone tried to connect it would exit the 'connected at home' app immediately.

What software do you use to share the photos from the pc?

Also, on the pc, i can see the Samsung device in the list of network computers. But i can't figure out what software to use to retrive stuff off it. What do you use for this. When i double-click it just loads media player but can't see how to do it using that.

Advertisement