Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do iI wear to a Christening???

• 16-12-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

Hey im going to a Christening in a couple of weeks the whole thing church and afters!
    Dont have a clue what to wear.:eek:

Any Ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Styleiser

How about one of these dresses? http://www.helpmystyle.ie/tesco-does-it-again
    Gorgeous, elegant and afforable from Tesco. The blue one might be better for a Christening...wear with a cute cardi or blazer and some rockin' heels and away you go! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Styleiser wrote: »
    How about one of these dresses? http://www.helpmystyle.ie/tesco-does-it-again
    Gorgeous, elegant and afforable from Tesco. The blue one might be better for a Christening...wear with a cute cardi or blazer and some rockin' heels and away you go! :)

god no, dont wear those dresses - far too much

its usually smart casual, its not a wedding.

no jeans or runners - smart trousers and a top, or nice dress.

irishbird wrote: »
    god no, dont wear those dresses - far too much

its usually smart casual, its not a wedding.

no jeans or runners - smart trousers and a top, or nice dress.

Not at all...a Christening is a celebration not an office party! Why not get dressed up an enjoy it. The parents no doubt will be delighted to see you put in the effort to share in the fun of the occasion. Go for it! (definitely wear a nice blazer or coat to cover up a bit in the church)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sogg

I'd go somewhere in between the two! Had two christenings this year and to both I wore (different!) long sleeved dresses, one French Connection and one Asos, with opaques and mid-height heel boots. It's a celebration fair enough so make an effort, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable standing in front of a priest in either of those dresses, blazer or no blazer! Sorry Styleiser....they are pretty though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Personally I'd find jeans just a bit too casual! However those dresses are way too over-the-top, in my opinion, and also completely inappropriate for this time of year!

Personally I'd go for a nice wool skirt or dress, with black tights and boots. There are loads of gorgeous wintry dresses in the shops at the moment.

• Advertisement

Fair enough...different strokes and all that :)

Advertisement