Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang Cd website

Options
  • 16-12-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

i ordered two cds from www.bangcd.com last night for herself for christmas stocking fillers and the irish site wanted to charge me €14.90 ,something happened and i ended up on the uk site and bought the 2 cds and payed with paypal and got charged €13.10 after the exchange

one of the cds was robbie williams new one, reality killed the video star, which is €5.90 or £4.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Never had any problems wth them - suggest logging back in and checking out your orders.

If you have acidentally order multiples you may still be able to change the order.

I find it marginally cheaper to buy in sterling by the way - same site just click the British flag and let your CC do the conversion for you. It is marginal though as Bang are pretty accurate with their euro conversions.

EDIT: OOps, see you paid in paypal so won't be able to change your order per se but still log in to see your order if it is a mistake then phone them or email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Dont forget your 4% paypal fees

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

GStormcrow wrote: »

:eek::eek: The what now..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

The Fool wrote: »

It costs something like 3-4% to receive a payment on paypal. A lot of the time sellers will add this cost onto the total if a buyer chooses to pay through paypal

The other reason for the difference is probably VAT related. UK pays 15% while we pay 21.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

GStormcrow wrote: »
    The Fool wrote: »

I think it's the seller that pays the Paypal fees. Unless this is something new?

Edit - GStormcrow had replied in the meantime. Well, at least everyone, Paypal or not, will have to pay the percentage,so we'll never notice it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

I have paid with paypal most of the time and never got charged with bangcd. As for delivery to ireland it takes 2 weeks plus. Never had any problems with anything i have bought from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

there is no charge a buyer to purchase with paypal. It's the person who receives the funds who gets hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

It takes nearly a month at the moment to get anything from BangCd. Oh and I wouldnt recommend trying to contact them to see if the cost is correct. I sent 17 emails to their customer service in the last week, and didnt get a single response. You just got to sit and wait from them to arrive in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

Warning: BangCD use to be great and reliable for getting delivery quick but since November there seems to be problems with them.

I ordered and 3 weeks after dispatch there was no delivery and after a further week and 3 support emails without reply I lodged a dispute with PayPal, I got a reply in PayPal in a few hours from BangCD and refund the next day.

Still no cd 5 weeks later or email from support.

Some other people with similar problems.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Bangcd_com__6392198

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews114145.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement