Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporadically working wireless

Options
  • 16-12-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I have a wireless network capable router. Internet works fine through an ethernet cable. However when i unplug that and rely on the wireless network. It fails 90% of the time. Its connected to the wlan just fine. However internet connection seems extremely flaky. If i click 10 links, 1 MIGHT work. 10 google searches, one might come back ok. I cant find any problem, and the sometimes valid connection has me really stumped

Any ideas?

Thanks tech support :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Login to the router thru ethernet and change channel and see it that improves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

Will definitely do that Later or tomorrow. I never thought of another network affecting it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Sometimes cordless phones and especially video senders can interfere. You might try changing the B or G modes too

Advertisement