Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese take away

Options
  • 16-12-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a chinese take away tonight, it was the usual three in one, curry, rice and chips.
    I was discusted to find the chips had a strong taste of vinegar, as if they were soaked.
    How is this possible? In what instance would vinegar be used in cooking in the kitchen?
    I've often wondered about the chips in this take away, alot of the chips seem to be the edges of the potatoe, the chips you normally would leave behind on a plate.
    What do you guys think?

Sickened :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I know what you mean.I was in Arklow and I got the orange duck,it was as if they got poor quality duck and poured some miwadi on it.
    I hope your not talking about the chinese take away in Cahir,that place is great:D.Im not from Tipperary but I always used to go there and get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

are you sure it was vinegar, could it have been salt?

/rushes to Nenagh Hospital for a stomach pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭trench foot

are you sure it was vinegar, could it have been salt?

/rushes to Nenagh Hospital for a stomach pump.

no way..im sure it was vinegar. it had such a strong taste, i thougth it was p.iss at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ohh dear... hope your feeling ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭trench foot

poisonated wrote: »
    I know what you mean.I was in Arklow and I got the orange duck,it was as if they got poor quality duck and poured some miwadi on it.

ha ha ha ha haa ah ha ha ha

doesnt suprise me in the slightest.
    id question the old cooking practices in asia.
    i often wonder why irish people dont work in these restaurants.
    there'd be a prime time special on chinese tak aways if that was the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

ha ha ha ha haa ah ha ha ha

doesnt suprise me in the slightest.
    id question the old cooking practices in asia.
    i often wonder why irish people dont work in these restaurants.
    there'd be a prime time special on chinese tak aways if that was the case

There's nothing wrong with Asian cooking practices and the food tastes ten time better in China/Thailand etc. The problem is they adjust the tastes/flavours to suit our palets.

I know a lad who's family run a Chinese restaurant. He claims that nearly all their sauces, orange,lemon,black bean and so on are miwadi based. He also said that if they served the same style of food in China they'd go out of business in a week.

There are plenty of Irish people working in Chinese restaurants/takeways BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

you wouldnt know what theyr up to back there when ur waiting for ur order to be processed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

yeah I've eaten "real" oriential food in South East Asia and it doesn't really compare!
    The chinese you get here is sizzling sauce or garlic something or other, but really it all tastes the same!
    I've got chips a few times from a place in Clonmel and theres always a slight fish taste/smell from them i think they're done in the same oil that they do crackers and seafood stuff. Anyway i think that nearly everything tastes the same!
    The Indian place on the other hand is very authentic if a little bit more spendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Fionn wrote: »
    The Indian place on the other hand is very authentic if a little bit more spendy.

Which one? Is there more than one in clonmel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i was talking about Planet Spice in Mary Street, there is another one in Parnell Street I think, the red onion or something like that.
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement