Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much would bills cost for 1 month roughly...

Options
  • 16-12-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Im in a gaff in Cork, 2 others. Just wondering what sorta bills i would be looking at.

After 3 months its paid and any monies due a paid back. Im paying 240e on bills (for 3 month), so times 3 (for the 2 others).

its 720e, is that not loads?! im just wondering in case the sneaky landlady will tray skiiving me or the others.

ps: the bills are waste, eircom broadband, gas, electricity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can you check your post, some of it doesn't seem to make sense - "After 3 months its paid and any monies due a paid back."

It does seem to be a fair bit, but not necessarily a lot. Ask for a copy of the bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Atwork

Victor wrote: »
    Can you check your post, some of it doesn't seem to make sense - "After 3 months its paid and any monies due a paid back."

It does seem to be a fair bit, but not necessarily a lot. Ask for a copy of the bills.

I think a big part of the bill is alcohol for three

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Hi Guys

Im in a gaff in Cork, 2 others. Just wondering what sorta bills i would be looking at.

After 3 months its paid and any monies due a paid back. Im paying 240e on bills (for 3 month), so times 3 (for the 2 others).

its 720e, is that not loads?! im just wondering in case the sneaky landlady will tray skiiving me or the others.

ps: the bills are waste, eircom broadband, gas, electricity.

Yes,that is loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

well, i got the bill today

quite shocking

1,648euro..!

thats for gas > 420e

esb > 913e

eircom 199e

refuse 76e

tv 40e

this is for a 3 month period for 3 guys. seems mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dee1dee2

esb 900+ i dont think so thats crazy my esb would be about 300 every 2 months so that would be about 450 for 3 months. we live in 4 bed with 2 ensuite sitting room dining roon kitchen wash room ect large house dryer never off and someone home all day so esb being used all the time cant figure where yous could have ran up a bill of 900+ are yous paying hers 2:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

quite shocking

1,648euro..!

thats for gas > 420e

esb > 913e

eircom 199e

refuse 76e

tv 40e

Thats ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Doesn't sound right to me either. Definitely ask to see the bills - you've every right to see them before you hand over anything. I share a house and the bills are never anything like that. I'll give you a quick run-down of what I pay. I know it's not exactly like with like but it might give you an idea.

ESB-wise, we don't have a clothes dryer or electric heaters but we'd have run of the mill things like electric shower, oven, microwave, TV, freezer and other appliances on the go. The ESB bill never goes much above €120 or €130 a time.

Don't have gas in the house so I can't comment on that but we've oil. A fill of the oil tank (not sure how many litres it is, sorry) which lasts for months tends to cost between €400 and €500.

Eircom. That of course depends on what sort of package ye have. Bills in my place (including broadband) are around €70 a month. Of course if you're on a package that doesn't suit your phone usage, it could go right through the roof.

Refuse: I've no idea what sort of refuse collection you have in Cork but in Kilkenny where I live we tend to have bags. A bog standard yellow bag for ordinary rubbish goes out once a fortnight and costs €5. It holds two regular black bags of household rubbish. 3 maybe if you jump up and down on it like a maniac LOL. Recyclable bag goes out on the other weeks and while I'm not certain off the top of my head how much those bags cost, they're less than €2 apiece.

TV...what is this for? Rental of a TV set? Or paying for the licence. A quick look at RTE's website tells me that the licence is now €160 year.

Its mental alright, I told the guy here (who basically deals with the land lady) to get the bills onto me so I can see.

They are already paid for as its direct debit, 400e a month. (that includes the bills).

I was expecting about 150e back but this is crazeyy.

the total is 1,648.51 according to this 'invoice' I was given

here is the bill

no idea where the figures are coming from, eircom 3mb broadband is about 30e a month. not 15e a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭_michelle_

quite shocking

1,648euro..!

thats for gas > 420e

esb > 913e

eircom 199e

refuse 76e

tv 40e

tv: you seem to be paying for the tv licence each week (€160 divided by 12 = €13.33 x 3 = €39.99

refuse: works out at €6.33 a week, i wouldnt think this is excessive as i pay €8 a week in dublin on top of €110 annual charge

eircom: works out at €66.33 a month so it depends on what package you have but i no there is one around this price, if you check eircom.net you will find info there

esb: €913 = €304 a month WTF :eek::eek::eek: this is where your problem is, ive a family of 4 who are by no means easy on esb & AT MOST we would pay €100 a month (they bill every 2 months so how did she work out the 3rd month when she wouldnt have bill??

gas: works out at €140 a month, no if you have it on all the time i would say this is accurate but if your sensible with it and have it on timer i would definatly question it.

how this is of some help to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Live with 4 guys in London and am paying £75 every 3 months so what you are paying is absolutely scandalous!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would wonder.

1. Are you paying someone else's arrears.

2. Are you paying for the entire building, but you only occupy part.

3. Is the landlord taking a 100% mark-up on everything.

What is the nature of the premises? Is it an old house subdivided into flats / bed-sits? Is there a commercial premises attached? If you turn off everything, are the ESB & gas meters still counting up?

I would insist of the original bills and photocopies to take home. Bills will tend to indicate what dates they cover and if there are any arrears included.

Im going to ask her for the bills and see what is going on.

thanks for the feedback.

Maybe she is chancing her arm.

They could be backdated, I only moved in September.

Would'nt mind it but my bloody room is freezing half the time, and we have no tv channels and a14" tv thats 20 years old or more

Victor wrote: »

the bills are paid every 3 months, and monies owned from the 400e month direct debit are returned.

(rent is 80e p/w)

Advertisement