Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berbatov and Owen: Mid-Season review

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think the scenario he was in was a huge factor in team selection and form. When United finaly decided that he wasnt going to get a permanent deal, that affected the players confidence and motivation, its human nature so dont give me that professionalism nonsense please.

Tevez scored 15 goals for United last season, Berbatov scored 14.

In hindsight, imo, United coughed up the money for the wrong player. Ferguson must regret that because I believe that he could have gotten far more out of Tevez if his contract problems were ironed out.

Give me Tevez over Berbatov everyday of the week.

Here here we really should have held onto the little fella.The lad could change a game which is something owen and berba couldnt do.Maybe not the best finisher but he had great heart and showed more desire than berba ever did.Should have paid up.I ask u this.Is berba worth 30 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Here here we really should have held onto the little fella.The lad could change a game which is something owen and berba couldnt do.Maybe not the best finisher but he had great heart and showed more desire than berba ever did.Should have paid up.I ask u this.Is berba worth 30 million?

Missed this match did you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

OWEN: A free transfer that scores goals? Fantastic.

BERBATOV: I don't think it's working. He's involved in United general play but he needs to start finding his form in frount of goal. He might just need a run in the team.

VALENCIA: Really good. I'm very impressed by both his attacking and defensive
    play. Against Chelsea he kept Ashley Cole quiet by tracking his runs and he did it until the Chelsea goal. Has pace to burn and has a great attitude.

OBERTAN: If he continues to improve he'll be big. Needs to work on his final ball. He kinda reminds me of Andrei Kanchelskis. :pac:

Dave! wrote: »

No i wz actually at the game!!!so:p
    Anyway,that was a once off
    Tevez v spurs wen we drew 1-1,tevez v lyon in france,tevez v chelsea,tevez v liverpool.
    The lad scored big goals against big team in big games.Wen sir alex signed him he said tevez would get him "15 important goals a season".Apart from 1 heroic moment owen has not lived up to expectation and no united fan here can say he has because he hasnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dave! wrote: »

youtube, is there anything it cant prove ;):rolleyes::p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyway,that was a once off
    Tevez v spurs wen we drew 1-1,tevez v lyon in france,tevez v chelsea,tevez v liverpool.
    The lad scored big goals against big team in big games.Wen sir alex signed him he said tevez would get him "15 important goals a season".Apart from 1 heroic moment owen has not lived up to expectation and no united fan here can say he has because he hasnt

Owen has been on the pitch less than 800 minutes and has scored 7 goals. WTF do you want? He can't score every chance he gets, no one can, otherwise strikers would avg at 2-3 goals a game.

As for ''it was a once off''? Seriously, some people spout some amount of shíte on here. As least give him a full season ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That place is up there with RedCafe and RAWK as boils on the arse of decent football forums. I never venture there.

It just appears that way because we are spoilt with reasoned balanced debate here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Long time reader of this forum and my first time posting here. This is what i think as a United supporter;

Owen: As previously stated, he is a free transfer who is getting goals. What more could be asked? As to the point being made regarding important goals, I would agree that he has scored very few big goals, the only ones of note being the goal against City and the hat trick against Wolfsburg (I see the Wolfsberg goals as highly important seeing as united had a depleated squad, called on him to fill in and help top the group, and did what was asked of him...in style!). But also I think that he is only now reaching match fitness and getting on the same wavelength as the rest of the team, which i think severly impacted his ability to contribute goals at the start of the season.

Berbatov: His quality as a player cannot be doubted, but he was brought in instead of Tevez to be a target man, to offer something different and be a 20+ goals a season player, and hasn't done that. His touch, passing and vision are all outstanding. But, for a man of his height he is shocking in the air, and while he does create chances for others , he does not finish enough chances that are given to him to warrant the 30m paid for him.

Valencia: He was always able to beat players, and now he is starting to contribute goals which is a huge bonus. My only complaint is his lack of a left foot. Against a top full back i think he could be tamed too easily.

Also, this is a bit OT, but regarding Tevez; With his style of play, he was too much like Rooney, and if work ethic did not beat the oposition, United seemed to rely too much on Ronaldo to produce the winners. For any united fan to deny his talent is ridiculous, when you consider he would be part of a rotation system, and his goal contribution last year, his price tag was too high.

Owen has been on the pitch less than 800 minutes and has scored 7 goals. WTF do you want? He can't score every chance he gets, no one can, otherwise strikers would avg at 2-3 goals a game.

As for ''it was a once off''? Seriously, some people spout some amount of shíte on here. As least give him a full season ffs.

Stats can be very misleading.How many of those were important goals?1 when he megged 38 year old darren moore in a poxy carling cup match,1 toward the end of a rout v wigan,a hat trick against terrible wolfsburg defenders.His performances have been poor.All the pundits agree that for the most part he has looked nervous in front of goal.His legs are gone.
    At least tevez would consistently get u big goals in big games and offered more energy to the team.
    He did nothing to save us against villa or liverpool when the chips were down.
    save for one strike v city,he hasnt been there when needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Lol at United fans saying Tevez was a nothing player and windbag at your club.:pac:
    Xavi6 wrote:
    The dismissal of Tevez by United fans is quite humorous but unsurprising, much like that of some Liverpool fans towards Owen. Tinted glasses and all that.

Hope you lads were watching the Spurs/Man City game tonight.

Stats can be very misleading.How many of those were important goals?1 when he megged 38 year old darren moore in a poxy carling cup match,1 toward the end of a rout v wigan,a hat trick against terrible wolfsburg defenders.His performances have been poor.All the pundits agree that for the most part he has looked nervous in front of goal.His legs are gone.
    At least tevez would consistently get u big goals in big games and offered more energy to the team.
    He did nothing to save us against villa or liverpool when the chips were down.
    save for one strike v city,he hasnt been there when needed
    You can't expect a man to come off the bench for the last 15 minutes and get ''important'' goals all the time, the fact is his goal/game ratio is superb. How many more goals does he need to score?

His performances have not been poor, he's not Rooney, he doesn't come looking for the ball. He needs service from the midfield and a lot of the time it's not there. When he does pick the ball up he rarely looses it.

How many ''important'' goals has Berba scored?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If people are suggesting that Owen is a better player than Tevez than they need their head examined.
    Seriously cop on lads!!.

Owen on a free transfer is not a bad deal but as I said would his spot in the team be better merited for a young up and coming striker. Where the heal is those young united forwards?

Berba is a bit like hleb was at Arsenal. Good touch and technically very good but just doesn't cut it in the current Untied team. He needs to be the centre of the team to get the best out of him (like spurs) and United wont do that as they have Rooney. Good option to have on the bench but 34 million?? Hmmmm for that price he makes veron look like a bargain.

So this brings us back to Tevez. At his first season at United he was awesome. Really surprised me. United would not have won those 3 trophies if it weren't for him. Alot of united fans forget that his energy drove the team on for example that semi final vs Barca.

No they just cast him aside as if he did nothing. That is shameful IMO.
    You can argue that he had a poor season last year being dropped in favour of berbatov and he never got it going. Berba didn't exactly light the world alight last year either.

I think he will be a huge player for Man City and I think United fans just can't accept this. I would take Tevez over Berba any day of the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I laugh at all the opposition fans who think that I don't rate Tevez because he left. I didnt rate Tevez while he was bloody at United. In the double season he was quite good, but once Berbatov came, he couldnt' hack it. Couldn't deal with the rotation, and largely became an impact sub.

Did he score some vital goals? He did. Macheda did too, and last season, probably more important goals. Does that mean he's a magically important player for the team? Nope.

Tevez doesnt work in a rotation system. Can't deal with it. I've no doubt that at City or Fulham or whoever, Tevez would outscore and outperform Owen, but at United, with rotation, Owen offers more. He can deal with rotation in a way Tevez never could.

As for Tevez over Berbatov, Tevez imo is very similar to Kuyt as a player, and I just don't rate either massively. An awful lot of heart, workrate, and some talent which often comes up in big big games, but by in large isnt good enough to challenge for a league week in or week out.

Ronaldo is a massive loss in goals assists and overall attacking talent. Tevez is bleh, I can take it or leave it. In his first season he was very impressive, but not impressive enough for Fergie. Second season he couldn't deal with it and eventually became sub-par.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

PHB wrote: »
    I laugh at all the opposition fans who think that I don't rate Tevez because he left. I didnt rate Tevez while he was bloody at United. In the double season he was quite good, but once Berbatov came, he couldnt' hack it. Couldn't deal with the rotation, and largely became an impact sub.

Did he score some vital goals? He did. Macheda did too, and last season, probably more important goals. Does that mean he's a magically important player for the team? Nope.

Tevez doesnt work in a rotation system. Can't deal with it. I've no doubt that at City or Fulham or whoever, Tevez would outscore and outperform Owen, but at United, with rotation, Owen offers more. He can deal with rotation in a way Tevez never could.

As for Tevez over Berbatov, Tevez imo is very similar to Kuyt as a player, and I just don't rate either massively. An awful lot of heart, workrate, and some talent which often comes up in big big games, but by in large isnt good enough to challenge for a league week in or week out.

Ronaldo is a massive loss in goals assists and overall attacking talent. Tevez is bleh, I can take it or leave it. In his first season he was very impressive, but not impressive enough for Fergie. Second season he couldn't deal with it and eventually became sub-par.
    Macheda put his foot thru a couple of balls and got lucky. Tevez scored goals. You usually speak sense but Tevez was a loss and comparing his contributions to that lucky lil kid Macheda is lol

Its really funny how united fans would touch themselves thinking about him last year and now that he is at city he is nothing special. lol

CHD wrote: »
    Macheda put his foot thru a couple of balls and got lucky. Tevez scored goals. You usually speak sense but Tevez was a loss and comparing his contributions to that lucky lil kid Macheda is lol
    Also, Owen was a free from a relegated Newcastle. He is nothing, but keep pretending he is. It is funny. He won't ever be 1st choice and isn't going to the WC, he is nothing special. Don't reply saying he scored a hat trick, loads have before. Best word to describe him is meh.

• Advertisement

Also, Owen was a free from a relegated Newcastle. He is nothing, but keep pretending he is. It is funny. He won't ever be 1st choice and isn't going to the WC, he is nothing special. Don't reply saying he scored a hat trick, loads have before. Best word to describe him is meh.

Have you read Capello's comments yesterday?
    “In my mind I have 30 to 35 players and from them I will chose my 23 players at the last moment.

“Yes, for sure, Michael Owen is in that list but I have to follow all the players.

“He is not my tormentor. He is one of the players I follow.

“I saw the last game he played, against Aston Villa, on the television and that he scored three goals in the Champions League.

“But for that next game, on Saturday, he didn’t play from the start. I look at this and ask “why?“. Why is it that Wayne Rooney always plays but Owen doesn’t?

“Even so, he is one of the important players and what is important is that he is fit and playing games because if players are not fit, they will not go to South Africa.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fabio-Capello-tells-Michael-Owen-he-must-keep-scoring-goals-to-win-World-Cup-call-article258111.html

That doesn't sound to me like a player who is "nothing special" or "meh". But hey, what do Sir Alex Ferguson and Fabio Capello know about football eh?

I'd suggest since you're a Chelsea fan that if you want to look at someone who fits the description of being 'meh', have a look at Daniel Sturridge. What has he done to justify his tens of thousands of pounds a week wages, hmm? Sweet FA that's what. It's funny too because you rubbish Macheda for being 'lucky' which, despite being ridiculous, still amounts to more of a contribution than that offered by Sturridge.

We're quite content with Owen since he's returning the same amount of goals Tevez would at a far better price. I'd take him over Sturridge every day of the week too as you've probably gathered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That doesn't sound to me like a player who is "nothing special" or "meh". But hey, what do Sir Alex Ferguson and Fabio Capello know about football eh?

I'd suggest since you're a Chelsea fan that if you want to look at someone who fits the description of being 'meh', have a look at Daniel Sturridge. What has he done to justify his tens of thousands of pounds a week wages, hmm? Sweet FA that's what. It's funny too because you rubbish Macheda for being 'lucky' which, despite being ridiculous, still amounts to more of a contribution than that offered by Sturridge.

We're quite content with Owen since he's returning the same amount of goals Tevez would at a far better price. I'd take him over Sturridge every day of the week too as you've probably gathered.

ah sure Macheda just showed up at Carrington 1 day to start his job as the assistant groundsman and against Aston Villa there wasn't enough subs so Fergie put his name down on the subs. The subs all came down with a mystery virus and Fergie had to make a forced sub. Macheda, who had never kicked a ball in his life was given the ball and thought why not and just hit it. Notice that he fell while he was kicking it (bad technique) and just got lucky. Sturridge on the other hand is proven class.

your so lol its unreal. Sturridge is huge MEH, Owen is meh (there is a difference). What you on about? Stop being such a fanboy. Capello has said stuff like that before, still no Owen call up.

lol

Liam O wrote: »
    ah sure Macheda just showed up at Carrington 1 day to start his job as the assistant groundsman and against Aston Villa there wasn't enough subs so Fergie put his name down on the subs. The subs all came down with a mystery virus and Fergie had to make a forced sub. Macheda, who had never kicked a ball in his life was given the ball and thought why not and just hit it. Notice that he fell while he was kicking it (bad technique) and just got lucky. Sturridge on the other hand is proven class.
    lol United fans.

Keep going both of yous, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Well you cannot fault the signing of Owen, his winner vs city more than paid for his wages/fees.. the odd hat trick in the champions league is nice enough too for a player that cost ZILCH..

Berbas a plonker, never worth 30 mill and really isnt what Fergie thought he was gonna be. Great touch great technique, but a pure awful finisher, awful header of the ball and seems to get slower every game. Cant deny his few moments of brilliance but id rather a player with less moments of brilliance and more consistency.. have had the lad on the back of my united jersey since day one after we signed him but he is and will continue to be a flop just like veron, nani etc....

• Advertisement

I agree that as Owen cost **** all then you cant really go wrong. If he scored even one goal you can argue that it was money well spent.:p

BUT

Berba cost 34 million FFS. To what sit on the bench and look good while strolling aroung in a red shirt? What is he on a week? 100k at least Id say so say 5 million a year in wages!?
    How much did Tevez cost united for his 2 years service? About 10 million.
    Not bad for a player who won the CL and 2PL titles. But sure he is only "meh"

If Tevez is meh then berba with a price tag of 34 million is "uber gigantic meh"

Thats what we are comparing. Berba vs Tevez. For me Tevez is by far the better player. Interesting not one United fan has said this. Too busy pouring cold water over a fire stating all alone they never rated Tevez.....

Oh and PHB.

http://www.mobile.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55801899&postcount=308

You didnt exactly dismiss Tevez that night did you?

Plenty of other United fans giving him the MOM in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

he is nothing special. Don't reply saying he scored a hat trick, loads have before. Best word to describe him is meh.

I will remind you of this when he is picking up a premier league medal in Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think Owen in the last few games he's played has justifyed his massive transfer fee, ahem... I'd say he's doing exactly what Ferguson expected. Took him a while but once he's fit and given chances, he's putting them away.

Berba I think looks as good as ever. Can hold the ball up effortlessly and while he hasn't been banging them in still contributes alot as a pivot player. He may look disinterested 'cause he isn't Rooney with steam shooting out of his ears, but I think it's a good thing. I think it's more the players around him need to lift their game.(Anderson, Nani etc..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

jank wrote: »
    Thats what we are comparing. Berba vs Tevez. For me Tevez is by far the better player. Interesting not one United fan has said this. Too busy pouring cold water over a fire stating all alone they never rated Tevez.....

Tevez in his wildest dreams will never become a better play than Berbatov.

Both last year lacked application and focus. Both for extremely different reasons though, Tevez because he was thinking about what wages City were going to pay him and Berbatov because he just joined the club and found it hard to find his feet.

Their is no contest between the 2 this season, you would need to be a moron not to realise that Berbs has considerably upped his performance on a more consistent level.

I was a huge fan of Tevez because of his work ethic in his first season with United and I was gutted to see him go. What transpired after his transfer to City severely softened the blow for me though and they are more than welcome to him now.

I'm extremely happy with our 3 senior strikers and our new wingers. Great business again from Ferguson. With 60 million in the transfer kitty many managers would have spunked it on names, not Fergie, fair fúcks to the whiley ould Scot, spot on again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Berbatov's set up for valencia was ludicrous, audacious, and most of all, fúcking beautiful.

He's having a decent enough season this year, and owen is playing well in the games he gets...

Obertan is looking sharp and might become something good, valencia looks like he's ready to take people on and get in there.

Nani - should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Liverpool fans (some of them anyway) feel that Keane was far too expensive to keep on the bench and not sell back to Spurs for 15m.

Similarly, Tevez, for what he offers, was way too expensive for what he contributes in my mind. Most teams would like him - no doubt - just not at the price asked.

You can't expect a man to come off the bench for the last 15 minutes and get ''important'' goals all the time, the fact is his goal/game ratio is superb. How many more goals does he need to score?

His performances have not been poor, he's not Rooney, he doesn't come looking for the ball. He needs service from the midfield and a lot of the time it's not there. When he does pick the ball up he rarely looses it.

How many ''important'' goals has Berba scored?

Yes they have,now come off it!
    "he needs service" suggests that he is a spent force because when he was younger he could beat 4 or 5 with lightning pace.What he needs to do for me is when he comes on when we are up against it,he needs to MAKE AN IMPACT LIKE TEVEZ!!!
    Id say a lot of united fans like him because it pisses the scousers off that he went to us

"he needs service" suggests that he is a spent force because when he was younger he could beat 4 or 5 with lightning pace.What he needs to do for me is when he comes on when we are up against it,he needs to MAKE AN IMPACT LIKE TEVEZ!!!
    Id say a lot of united fans like him because it pisses the scousers off that he went to us

And by the way i never said anything about berba although i think he has been very poor since arriving

He's not Tevez, they're two completely different players!! Utterly ridiculous!!

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Tevez in his wildest dreams will never become a better play than Berbatov.

Both last year lacked application and focus. Both for extremely different reasons though, Tevez because he was thinking about what wages City were going to pay him and Berbatov because he just joined the club and found it hard to find his feet.

Their is no contest between the 2 this season, you would need to be a moron not to realise that Berbs has considerably upped his performance on a more consistent level.

I was a huge fan of Tevez because of his work ethic in his first season with United and I was gutted to see him go. What transpired after his transfer to City severely softened the blow for me though and they are more than welcome to him now.

I'm extremely happy with our 3 senior strikers and our new wingers. Great business again from Ferguson. With 60 million in the transfer kitty many managers would have spunked it on names, not Fergie, fair fúcks to the whiley ould Scot, spot on again.

Your wrong,wrong wrong wrong.Berbatov has been poor this season again.He goes missing in games.Id take tevez over berba evryday.Tevez was treated like ****e over that contract.He never wanted to go,the lad just wanted to play.Is that a bad thing?

He's not Tevez, they're two completely different players!! Utterly ridiculous!!

Exactly,thats why i dont like him.Tevez had work rate and heart.Owen doesnt show that.He needs other players to make chances for him.Tevez doesnt.I wish tevez the best at city(although i hope city go down) hes a fantastic appetite for football

Your wrong,wrong wrong wrong.Berbatov has been poor this season again.He goes missing in games.Id take tevez over berba evryday.Tevez was treated like ****e over that contract.He never wanted to go,the lad just wanted to play.Is that a bad thing?
    Owen wants to play too, except he's a professional who doesn't bitch and whine.

Tevez was given his chance to stay, he chose the money instead.

Exactly,thats why i dont like him.Tevez had work rate and heart.Owen doesnt show that.He needs other players to make chances for him.Tevez doesnt.I wish tevez the best at city(although i hope city go down) hes a fantastic appetite for football
    And this is where I stop replying to you.

Owen wants to play too, except he's a professional who doesn't bitch and whine.

Tevez was given his chance to stay, he chose the money instead.

That bull.If tevez was treated fairly lasted season he would have stayed.He scored 4 goals against blackburn in carling cup last season and was dropped for the next game.Fergie consistentl favoured berba even though he was and still is not living up to expectation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

That bull.If tevez was treated fairly lasted season he would have stayed.He scored 4 goals against blackburn in carling cup last season and was dropped for the next game.Fergie consistentl favoured berba even though he was and still is not living up to expectation

Don't hear you complaining about Owen being dropped after a champions league hatrick

Don't hear you complaining about Owen being dropped after a champions league hatrick

Thats cos we played 1 up top and that has to be rooney.Berba was picked ahead of tevez in the game i wz referring to.

If it doesnt work out for him at United, he can kiss his WC dreams goodbye and the rest of his career at a high level.

Tevez wasnt in that circumstance last season, he was brought in as a first team regular then dropped to the bench last season because of his contract, not because of the way he was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Tevez wasnt in that circumstance last season, he was brought in as a first team regular then dropped to the bench last season because of his contract, not because of the way he was playing.

He was dropped to the bench because of the way he played the season before.

Fergie thought Berbatov would offer a better attacking option, Tevez was unable to disprove that from the bench, so he stayed there.

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    He was dropped to the bench because of the way he played the season before.

Fergie thought Berbatov would offer a better attacking option, Tevez was unable to disprove that from the bench, so he stayed there.

I disagree as Tevez outscored Berbatov last season and offered alot more in general play. The politics over his contract and the fact that United overspend on Berbatov was dictating team selection more than form.

I disagree as Tevez outscored Berbatov last season and offered alot more in general play. The politics over his contract and the fact that United overspend on Berbatov was dictating team selection more than form.

Berbatov scored 9 in the league

Tevez scored 5

Berbatov scored 9 in the league

Tevez scored 5

Tevez scored 15 and Berbatov scored 14 last season and Tevez contributed alot more in matches.

Its laughable how United supporters are trying to justify Berbatov over Tevez.

When you exclude the fact that both players cost more than they are worth you are left with the fact that Tevez is a better team player and is capable of matching Berbatov's strike rate. United should have bought Tevez, end of story tbh.

Tevez scored 15 and Berbatov scored 14 last season and Tevez contributed alot more in matches.

When you exclude the fact that both players cost more than they are worth you are left with the fact that Tevez is a better team player and is capable of matching Berbatov's strike rate. United should have bought Tevez, end of story tbh.

6 of those 15 that Tevez scored were in the LEague cup, which Berbatov didnt play in at all.

Berbatov is a better player, who scores more important goals and contributes more, end of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

6 of those 15 that Tevez scored were in the LEague cup, which Berbatov didnt play in at all.

Berbatov is a better player, who scores more important goals and contributes more, end of story

oh my god:eek:

How much were the goggles? :pac:

I dont think many people would agree with Berbatov contributing more to a team performance. Is that why everyone was complaining about his work rate last season?? Or have you forgotten about that since Tevez went to City?

• Advertisement

How much were the goggles? :pac:

I dont think many people would agree with Berbatov contributing more to a team performance. Is that why everyone was complaining about his work rate last season?? Or have you forgotten about that since Tevez went to City?

Im sorry but didnt I say End of story?

Or should that have been end of story TBHTBQFHRBRWTF

And so on

It's clear to anyone with a set of eyes that Berbatov has bags of talent, way more than Tevez, he just hasn't consistently shown it, and that's a problem. Tevez on the other hand, is a good player, but runs around like a headless chicken most of the time, he's also bad for team morale with his constant bitching and whining.

At the moment, I wouldn't want either. But if both are on form, Berbatov wins hands down.

(sigh)

2006/07 stats:

Carlos Tevez (West Ham) - 19 league starts, 7 goals, 5 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs) - 30 league starts, 12 goals, 11 assists

Result: Berbatov had a slightly better strike rate and a far better assists record.

2007/08 stats:

Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) - 31 league starts, 14 goals, 6 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs) - 33 league starts, 15 goals, 11 assists

Result: Berbatov had a marginally better strike rate and once again a far better assists record.

2008/09 stats:

Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) - 18 league starts, 5 goals, 3 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Man Utd) - 29 league starts, 9 goals, 9 assists

Result: Berbatov yet again had a better strike rate and once again a comprehensively better assists record.

Perhaps this is why United fans justify Berbatov over Tevez?

(sigh)

2006/07 stats:

Carlos Tevez (West Ham) - 19 league starts, 7 goals, 5 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs) - 30 league starts, 12 goals, 11 assists

Result: Berbatov had a slightly better strike rate and a far better assists record.

2007/08 stats:

Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) - 31 league starts, 14 goals, 6 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs) - 33 league starts, 15 goals, 11 assists

Result: Berbatov had a marginally better strike rate and once again a far better assists record.

2008/09 stats:

Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) - 18 league starts, 5 goals, 3 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Man Utd) - 29 league starts, 9 goals, 9 assists

Result: Berbatov yet again had a better strike rate and once again a comprehensively better assists record.

Perhaps this is why United fans justify Berbatov over Tevez?

Its a wonder why only league stats are rolled out when it suits.

I'm talking about a players contribution to a club which includes all competitive fixtures for a season.

Tevez outscored Berbatov last season and contributed far more to the team/club. Assists dont cover the total contribution to the team performance.

Its a wonder why only league stats are rolled out when it suits.

I'm talking about a players contribution to a club which includes all competitive fixtures for a season.

Tevez outscored Berbatov last season and contributed far more to the team/club. Assists dont cover the total contribution to the team performance.

Tevez outscored Berbatov is a lesser competetion and having played more 8 more games then him.

What measure do you want for a

• Advertisement
Advertisement