Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71

• 16-12-2009 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Just purchased this for the girlfriend. Where do i get the latest firmware update for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try the NOkia Software Updater. Usually there's a link to it within the PC Suite software that comes on the CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Just purchased this for the girlfriend. Where do i get the latest firmware update for it?

is it network-branded/locked? vf, e.g., have never offered any fw update.
    You can use Nemesis Suite to change product code yadayada (not sure I'm s'posed 2 mention that?)
    any decent ph shop can update fw for 10-20 bucks...

If it's not branded i.e. Simfree, do as Random suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

strecker wrote: »
    is it network-branded/locked? vf, e.g., have never offered any fw update.
    You can use Nemesis Suite to change product code yadayada (not sure I'm s'posed 2 mention that?)
    any decent ph shop can update fw for 10-20 bucks...

If it's not branded i.e. Simfree, do as Random suggests.

its nokia branded? No CD came with this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Is there a Facebook App for this? I'm setting up the phone for the g.friend for her xmas present, and she uses facebook alot, so I thought it would be nice to have the app installed if there is one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Is there a Facebook App for this? I'm setting up the phone for the g.friend for her xmas present, and she uses facebook alot, so I thought it would be nice to have the app installed if there is one??
    I bought one from Amazon and it has Facebook and YouTube built in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Where do i get the latest firmware update for it?

dial : *#0000#into the phone. It will tell you what version is on the phone. The newest available is 300.21.012

Try this facebook option: http://store.ovi.com/content/7935613C5E89247DE040050A85326153

Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Try http://m.snaptu.com on practically any Nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

long_b wrote: »
    Try http://m.snaptu.com on practically any Nokia

long b is right. Snaptu is a nice light app for fb and twitter. The facebook thing on ovi is just a browser shortcut afaik: not a real app.

Nokia also just released an app for fb/twitter - shows potential, but many features are currently disabled as it's a test/beta product. You can see it in ovi store listed in "social" category.

But snaptu is a great free app!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭niallb

burgess1 wrote: »
    I bought one from Amazon and it has Facebook and YouTube built in.
    The built in icons are just links to the mobile websites, and not up to much.
    At least that's how ones I've seen in Ireland come.

Go to the OviStore on the phone, and you'll find an excellent youtube application,
    and a new Facebook app was released recently. This allows you post photos straight
    from the camera up to your facebook albums, and lots of good features.
    Both of these apps are free to download.

There's a new firmware out 400.21.013
    I updated to it last week as my phone was crawling,
    and it's looking good.Wasn't available earlier in the week.
    My E71 is unlocked and unbranded.

Snaptu rocks!
    vlingo and joikuspot are also worth a serious look.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rain_Dog_Brian

Hi all,
    In relation to the latest comment, I recently bought an unlocked E71 from eBay for myself. When it arrived it was obviously a brand new phone, but it accepted my o2 sim so no problems. I dont know how it was unlocked. It is Branded with 3 (3logo on startup, 3 internet connection default, 3 themes, etc.).

I want to debrand it (which I understand helps operations, gets rid of 3 defaults) and also to accept firmware updates (currently on 300.21.012, latest is 400.21.013).

Is there a chance that the phone could get re-locked to 3 ifI debrand (using NSS, change product code, and fw update)? or is the phone unlocked forever?

I am a mobile newbie so any clear response would be appreciated.

p.s. E71 is great phone!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement