Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand Bookshops in Sydney

Options
  • 16-12-2009 4:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Does anyone know any secondhand bookshops in Sydney? I'm looking to get South East Asia on a Shoestring and get rid of a lot of heavy books at the same time. Double whammy!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

Start from the north end of King St in Newtown and you'll find Goulds,it's your best bet. Also there's 4/5 more 2nd bookshops as you walk in too so you'll easily sell em

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

I was just about to recommend Gould's myself, they've got some selection of books!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

if you can hang on for a few weeks the sales will be happening after 26th so any new titles may be picked up cheap enough.
    I dont know about second hand shops but check out any garage sales or markets as you will get a much better deal than a second hand bookshop(i.e I'll take this and this one ..will you throw that one in as well bud..). with christmas coming there are heaps of markets on

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

myhorse wrote: »
    if you can hang on for a few weeks the sales will be happening after 26th so any new titles may be picked up cheap enough.
    I dont know about second hand shops but check out any garage sales or markets as you will get a much better deal than a second hand bookshop(i.e I'll take this and this one ..will you throw that one in as well bud..). with christmas coming there are heaps of markets on

Did you even read his post or just the thread title.
    He is looking to get rid of books, not buy more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Mellor wrote: »
    He is looking to get rid of books, not buy more.

Careful Now :P

He did actually say he was looking for one book: 'SE Asia on a Shoestring'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Atreyu

Good spot to pick up those kind of travel books are the St. Vincent de Paul shops I know the one in Randwick used to always have those travel books.

You could always give them your heavy books in return although if your looking to cash them in I suppose you could always try Gumtree if you think people would be interested in them and they are in good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Mellor wrote: »

well duh!!! obviously I didnt......

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Ok - well I love T's Bookshop, 136 Avoca Street, Randwick.
    By far the best one I have come across.

Another good one is:
    Gertrude and Alice Cafe Bookshop, 46 Hall Street, Bondi. Cracking little cafe too.

Advertisement