Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop - Help

Options
  • 16-12-2009 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Hey guys havnt played WoW since about 3months my old laptop got orange all over it and only using the mothers notebook..

anyways im in the market for a new laptop... basically Ill be reinstalling WoW and some DAW software for music recording so fast CPU and plenty HD space is a neccesity.

Im thinking of this Toshiba for €820... http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Toshiba_Satellite_Pro_L500-1D6_Laptop_PSLS4E-00D009EN/version.asp

# Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 / 2.53 GHz ( Dual-Core )
    # RAM - 4 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM - 800 MHz ( 2 x 2 GB )
    # Hard Drive - 400 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
    # Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional / XP Professional downgrade
    # Screen - 15.6' TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) - TruBrite
    # Optical Drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM
    # Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 - 1 GB

or should i Just go for a Mac? Ive never had one before so have some trepidation... also im not a specs nut so the above laptop im not sure if its that great?

also is 13inches screen too small to play WoW on?? im thinking myself it definitly is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i was looking for a laptop for wow a while ago but when i was looking i was told to go for a nvidia chipset over ati.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Does it have to be a laptop? For in or around that price you'll get yourself a powerful little desktop. (Provided you're willing to build it yourself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Schism wrote: »
    Does it have to be a laptop? For in or around that price you'll get yourself a powerful little desktop. (Provided you're willing to build it yourself)

Couldn't agree more. Komplett are running a sub 500 euro build competition on their forum here, some people have been able to do it all with a monitor and sli/crossfire for under the price.

If you really are looking for a laptop that one will do fine, good cpu and gpu, should easilly handle wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I play on a MacBook Pro mostly these days, leave my 2k Dell XPS sitting in the corner. Haven't had a single problem running WoW or anything else off it so far. I'd highly recommend it if you have the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

mac book pro!!

your gone soft dermo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

yes has to be able laptop... the portability for recording is also a number1 kep to why I dont buy desktops anymore...
    cool think ill go ahead with that one so. cheers.

Advertisement