Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Wigan [Match Thread] Nando's 100th

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

It doesn't matter, it's still a petty thing to be moaning about, and Hansen came across as a Gob****e even though he was half joking.
    Nice touch the team of the sixties applauding the team on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I agree we would have been on first if we had lost but our game hardly deserved to be first last night.

As a national broadcaster the BBC are right to show games on their merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Tasty little clip showing N'gog's MOTM performance

Worth a watch.

http://www.footylounge.com/films//milankakabaros/david-ngog-v-wigan-compilation-video_2396d1a0f.html

As much as I hate the use of the word tasty for anything other than food that is a good link.

I only saw the goals but the highlights did look good. Better-than-it-looks finish for the goal and setup Kuyt twice.

noodler wrote: »
    As much as I hate the use of the word tasty for anything other than food that is a good link.

I only saw the goals but the highlights did look good. Better-than-it-looks finish for the goal and setup Kuyt twice.
    Credit where credit is due Ngog starting to come good. Fifteen goals i think would be a good return for him this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Credit where credit is due Ngog starting to come tag. Fifteen goals i think would be a good return for him this season

Honestly, if Torres had scored 15 goals in his first season for Liverpool I would have said that’s a pretty good start to his ‘pool career.
    That’s with a 20m price tag, years of top level experience and weekly starts.
    If N’Gog gets 15 goals this season it will be exceptional. I think anything over 10 would be a great return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The lad is coming good, so good even the Guardian football bloggers are paying a jokey seasonal homage

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/17/football-transfer-rumours

Depends what your expectations are. Wonder will we see Ngog and Torres playing as a regular strike force. Worked well for Fowler and Collymore. No reason why the two shouldnt be tried out together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Depends what your expectations are. Wonder will we see Ngog and Torres playing as a regular strike force. Worked well for Fowler and Collymore. No reason why the two shouldnt be tried out together

That cross for Kuyt was very Collymore.

It looks like he has found his feet and is playing with great confidence too. Good stuff.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

He has proven he can do a job for us. He's leagues ahead of Voronin up front, and I'd start him over Kuyt in that position too.

Hopefully he continues his progress, and hopefully he gets more chances in the first team.

K-9 wrote: »
    That cross for Kuyt was very Collymore.

It looks like he has found his feet and is playing with great confidence too. Good stuff.
    yes must say have seen a definite improvement in our crossing in last few games. All we have to do is impress on Agger the need to make contact with the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

is voronin injured? or banished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I dont think any fan of liverpool will deny that ngog has done well for the price tag paid. Its just that with the aspirations that were held 16/17 league games ago, alot of fans dont think he is good enough for us to challenge for the title. Hes a country mile ahead of voronin, however in the grand scheme of things id liken him to that of macheda for example. If we did have a few quid then ngog would be in a similar squad position to him imo, ie, not playing much but young and with a bit of talent. Ngog playing/starting 20+ league games wouldnt be good enough to challenge for title, just my opinion of course.

his ponytail fell off. Out for six months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Banished.

I'm hoping to start hearing Deutschland, Januar und Voronin in a sense soonish. Preferably along with a figure of €2m as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Banished.

I'm hoping to start hearing Deutschland, Januar und Voronin in a sense soonish. Preferably along with a figure of €2m as well.

If that performance in Lyon was to be his last it'd be a fitting end to his Liverpool career

mike65 wrote: »
    The lad is coming good, so good even the Guardian football bloggers are paying a jokey seasonal homage

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/17/football-transfer-rumours

From that vey link:

"And Roma poseur, legend and preened and primped Christmas fairy Francesco Totti who only ever plays well in games you never watch has signed a contract extension until June 2014, when he will be 38."

So very true.

Advertisement