Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next phone

• 16-12-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

my e51 is on its last legs. Just wondering if anyone has any sugestions. I want a good camera, wireless. A n97 on adverts has took my interest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Nearly all decent handsets these days have WiFi so you'll be OK there.
    For the best camera on a Nokia it's the N86 which is a dual slider i.e. Buttons :)
    Given the choice I'd go for the N97 mini over the N97 because of the smaller form factor.
    Happy shopping :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

I had the N85 before my current phone & if the upgraded N86 is anything like it, I would highly recommend it. Great camera and fantastic battery life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭thomasj

What network are you ?

If you are buying a phone sim free i would recommend the 6710. I had the nokia n85 and it was a great phone but the d-pad/navikey was stiff and also had to be fixed twice.

One other thing that annoyed me was the usb charging. I had problems charging the phone at times.

The n86 looks a good phone but one thing that i didnt like about that phone was the selection/menu/delete keys they are too small.

Going back to the 6710 navigator it takes both the older thin charger and also the usb charger. Good battery life and good ergenomic style of keys and good curve on the phone. Comes with a 4gb micro sd card and lifetime maps licence.

The downside of this phone is the price. You could be paying about 350.

Is any of the phone networks bringing this phone out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭thomasj

What network are you ?

If you are buying a phone sim free i would recommend the 6710. I had the nokia n85 and it was a great phone but the d-pad/navikey was stiff and also had to be fixed twice.

One other thing that annoyed me was the usb charging. I had problems charging the phone at times.

The n86 looks a good phone but one thing that i didnt like about that phone was the selection/menu/delete keys they are too small. The camera (8gb) does look good though

Going back to the 6710 navigator it takes both the older thin charger and also the usb charger. Good battery life and good ergenomic style of keys and good curve on the phone. Comes with a 4gb micro sd card and lifetime maps licence.

The downside of this phone is the price. You could be paying about 350.

Is any of the phone networks bringing this phone out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

HTC Hero FTW! I have one ordered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement