Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSP's physical stats?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any idea of George St Pierre's physical stats, biceps etc. when he cuts to 170lb??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

no idea but damn he looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lazer Smart

wingnut4 wrote: »
    no idea but damn he looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anybody have any idea of George St Pierre's physical stats, biceps etc. when he cuts to 170lb??

Would his stats at 170 be much different from his fight weight.
    The cut is mostly water, food, and bowels. So I wouldn't expect his legs, arms chest to change much. The only one I'd imagine that might change would be stomach due to being bloated/full with food and crap (literally)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Mellor wrote: »
    Would his stats at 170 be much different from his fight weight.
    The cut is mostly water, food, and bowels. So I wouldn't expect his legs, arms chest to change much. The only one I'd imagine that might change would be stomach due to being bloated/full with food and crap (literally)

There would be a considerable difference in the muscular size of a guy after he has been on a low cal, low sodium, low carb, low water routine in the run up to a fight, and then the vicious cut to make weight.

Water and carbs, in the form of glycogen, are stored in the muscles. When these stores are depleted, it can have a pretty large effect on muscular fullness.

So yeah, there would be a big difference.

GSP rarely has to cut that much though, his ethos is that cutting large amounts is bad for the body and he wants to prolong his fight career for as long as possible hence at the same weight give or take year round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

GSP rarely has to cut that much though, his ethos is that cutting large amounts is bad for the body and he wants to prolong his fight career for as long as possible hence at the same weight give or take year round.

As far as I know he normally walks around at about 185-190. However he apparently said at the UFC 105 Q&A that he had been bulking up a lot and had put on about 10lbs of muscle, and he was at the stage where it was becoming unsafe to get any bigger and still cut to 170.

That suggests to me that he is planning on moving to MW. He said in the past when asked about Anderson Silva that if he ever did move up, it would not be a quick 1-off like Penn did, he would take his time, add muscle and build up properly to compete.

I think we'll see GSP vs Anderson Silva sometime in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Sorry lads, but this thread reeks of gay.

Yeah we're all a bunch of fags. I mean who gives a sh*t about GSP ? Not only is he the best welterweight fighter in the UFC, a superb athlete overall and in incredible condition year round and an inspiration to FANS OF THE SPORT, but he looks gay because he's into all that weights and stuff.

You make a great point, please contribute more often.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A thread about GSP in gay shocker

Yeah we're all a bunch of fags. I mean who gives a sh*t about GSP ? Not only is he the best welterweight fighter in the UFC, a superb athlete overall and in incredible condition year round and an inspiration to FANS OF THE SPORT, but he looks gay because he's into all that weights and stuff.

You make a great point, please contribute more often.

Im sorry if my post hit a little too close to home for you there entrepreneur. :p

Im all for discussing gsp, potential match ups, his weight cut, his training, even what he gets up to in his personal time. but I draw the line at wanting to know the size of his bleedin bicep! the next thing you will be asking for his cup size!!

• Advertisement

GSP is the world's best WW fighter, and one of the few genuine threats to Anderson Silva's MW belt if, as suspected, he packs on some extra muscle and moves up to MW.

Other than 1 comment, (sorry wingnut4), this thread doesn't strike me as gay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

well we will let wingnut off with it as she is one of those gurl things

Jason Mc wrote: »
    well we will let wingnut off with it as she is one of those gurl things

Well there you go then. The only homosexually inclined post of the thread is entirely heterosexual!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Im sorry if my post hit a little too close to home for you there entrepreneur. :p

Im all for discussing gsp, potential match ups, his weight cut, his training, even what he gets up to in his personal time. but I draw the line at wanting to know the size of his bleedin bicep! the next thing you will be asking for his cup size!!

I agree, sure the gay's (and women) are welcome to marvel at GSP body as he glistens with sweat, but it does not change the fact that the original question is a bit gay, the op may have been able to save it by adding a pointlessly macho question such as "How much does he bench press?" Sadly this was not the case and it left me feeling slightly uncomfortable.

I didn't ask the original question dumbass.

If that's what the OP wants to know then leave him to it.

It's acceptable because it's GSP. IMO.

I didn't ask the original question dumbass.

No, but you did decide to take up the gauntlet, and so valiantly defend against it with the vigour and aplomb of a young harvey milk..

I do commend your chivalry Entrepreneur.

Course I did.

It's the MMA forum, GSP is an MMA fighter, asking what the size of his biceps is a very gay question if you're a child or are intending for it to have somem sort of homoesexual innuendo attached to it and maybe in a social setting, asking such a question, I can see how a few people would laugh and make gay jokes. :)

But in an MMA forum, no real issue with it.

I'm kind of curious myself now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

I'm kind of curious myself now.

:D

Gay-est thread ever! (no offense meant!)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dragan wrote: »
    There would be a considerable difference in the muscular size of a guy after he has been on a low cal, low sodium, low carb, low water routine in the run up to a fight, and then the vicious cut to make weight.

Water and carbs, in the form of glycogen, are stored in the muscles. When these stores are depleted, it can have a pretty large effect on muscular fullness.

So yeah, there would be a big difference.

Read my posy again, I said between fight weight. So a lot of the dehydrate water is restore as he enters the ring at 180-190

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

He's about 5'9-5'10. Saw him at the Wat Gym in Ny a year or so ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement