Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addon help

Options
  • 16-12-2009 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

So I'm using a new lap top for WoW since yesterday and tried getting some addons again but it's not working for me at all. I'm using curse and following the manual install instructions but I'm not getting any addon option at my character screen even though the addons are all in the addon folder in interface. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has an idea of what could be wrong. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It might sound silly but have you tried playing a character first with your new installation without any addons then quit out and install addons?
    It might not make a difference but its just a hunch thats worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Yeah I've tried that but no luck any other ideas would be appreciated though. I'm on windows vista if that makes any difference here with addons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i had this, for some reason wow is moved to a 'public' folder and not the one thats listed on you normal programs list.

what windows are you running?

if its vista.

go:

1. Start Menu
    2. Administrator
    3. Public
    4. Games
    5. Put them in the wow folder listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

download curse client.

it tells u if any of ur updates are out of date and u can update manually through that.

that is all

Advertisement