Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A quick question about EPL matches being moved for TV

• 16-12-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm hoping to go to Anfield to see Liverpool play Portsmouth on March 13th. I don't want to book flights until I know the match won't be moved.

I'm keeping an eye on Sky Sports' website, at the moment they only have games up 'til the end of Feb assigned. What other places should I be looking? Do Setanta still show games, so could they get the rights and move the game to a different day / time? What about ESPN?

Thanks!

Jason.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I have a similar type question

Planned on going to Liverpool v Blackburn on Feb 27th, flight booked and all based on the therory that it's not eaxcly a high profile game

Problem now is that Liverpool went and qualified for the Europa league and the first tie in that phase is on Thursday 25th

I have always been under the impression that teams who play on a Thursday in the Europa league then play their league games on the Sunday, is this always the case does anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah you'd need to check if they are playing the thursday before

if they are, the game will be moved to a Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I have a similar type question

Planned on going to Liverpool v Blackburn on Feb 27th, flight booked and all based on the therory that it's not eaxcly a high profile game

Problem now is that Liverpool went and qualified for the Europa league and the first tie in that phase is on Thursday 25th

I have always been under the impression that teams who play on a Thursday in the Europa league then play their league games on the Sunday, is this always the case does anyone know ?

Not always the case - the team in the Europa League is offered the choice of not playing on the Saturday and generally they choose to accept the extra 24 hours. But there have been exceptions and games have gone ahead on Saturdays.
    But in this case I'd expect the game to be moved back to Sunday or Monday.

event wrote: »
    yeah you'd need to check if they are playing the thursday before

if they are, the game will be moved to a Sunday

Thanks for the info, the games in the Round of 32 (the round that Liverpool will be in) are scheduled for 18th and 25th Feb.

I know that there is another place for this but I am going to say it here now .....RAFA OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not always the case - the team in the Europa League is offered the choice of not playing on the Saturday and generally they choose to accept the extra 24 hours. But there have been exceptions and games have gone ahead on Saturdays.
    But in this case I'd expect the game to be moved back to Sunday or Monday.

Well the official website is still showing the game as 3pm on the Saturday, so fingers crossed, but I am not too hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks for all the replies, but can anyone help me with what TV companies ( other than Sky ) I should be keeping an eye on regarding EPL matches being moved? Thanks...

Jason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

jasonb wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies, but can anyone help me with what TV companies ( other than Sky ) I should be keeping an eye on regarding EPL matches being moved? Thanks...

Jason.

SKY and ESPN

setanta only show Sat 3pm games so its not an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

On the Liverpool Europa Cup game, once the draw is made on Friday and the opposition is sorted, things might come a bit clearer then in terms of whether the match is moved to a Sunday or not.

As a Pool fan I would be shocked if Rafa didnt take up the option to move the tie from Sat to Sun.

jasonb wrote: »

Jason.

For a one stop shop look at the Liverpool website, it will save you going to Sky and ESPN's sites

No info on Portsmouth game yet though

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks again, Sky & ESPN it is!

Yep, I'm keeping an eye on the Liverpool site too, but Sky sometimes update theirs before the Liverpool site is updated, and I'll have a look at the ESPN one too.

It's the same old story. Once I know if the game is being shown or not I can then book my flights, and the sooner I do that the cheaper it is!

Thanks again...

J.

• Advertisement
Advertisement