Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for range extender????

Options
  • 16-12-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

i am trying to use an old dell xp laptop to receive my office network(does this fine with internal wifi card) and rebroadcast it around my home using a d-link dwl-g630 pcmci card. The 2 buildings are just too far apart to enable me to get office wifi in some rooms. Trying to do it with buying any addionional hardware if possible!

Is it do-able? Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

It is possible to rebroadcast wifi, Ive done it with a laptop receiving a network on a wifi adapter, and RJ45 LAN socket connected to another wifi router. Is it your 'own' office ?

I'm not sure if its possible with an internal card and a pcmcia card though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 declanor

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    It is possible to rebroadcast wifi, Ive done it with a laptop receiving a network on a wifi adapter, and RJ45 LAN socket connected to another wifi router. Is it your 'own' office ?

I'm not sure if its possible with an internal card and a pcmcia card though

Yes its my office, a WEP propected network. Anyone do this with a pcmcia card?

Advertisement