Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrick-on-Suir- place to eat/park?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Could someone please recommend a place to eat for a family on Friday afternoon/evening- between 5 to 7pm- with children. Also really need parking nearby as we will be travelling with a car and trailer and are expecting Friday to be mental for shopping/parking all over the country! This would be anywhere in Carrick or the locality-we'll be travelling from Clonmel and then onwards to Wexford.:)

In the alternative New Ross?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's only gonna take you 25 mins to get to Carrick from Clonmel so is it worth stopping after such a short amount of time ?

Waterford would be a better suggestion in regards distance between Clonmel and Wexford but probably not great if you have a trailer.

With the new roads on the Clonmel-side of Waterford it's perhaps easy to get onto the queys where there is plenty of parking and places to eat.

Parking in Carrick may not be that easy with a trailer (I'll let someone else reply to that) but as it's a small town you won't have to walk ver far to get food (a pub would probably be best with a family I'm guesing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Ah no, our journey doesn't start in Clonmel, we are just coming in that direction.

I would have thought the quays in waterford on a friday evening leading up to christmas would be better avoided. Hence I wondered about carrick or new ross. Ditto Kilkenny- we could come through there but from what I remember parking in Kilkenny is always a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Park Inn at the traffic lights by the Garda Station - Spaces outside,usually loads of room

Ceallachains(nicest) - public spaces up the side in the small little estate

Carraig Hotel - Carpark across the road

Hope that helps

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I was thinking of exactly what Elbow said, Ceallachains do very good food and if you park opposite the Garda Station it's a 3 minute walk up New Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Thanks a million, guys, that's a great help!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement