Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neglectful Parents

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

browndress wrote: »
    If there is no good orphanage they can build one. The only reason drug users etc ended up in care homes in the first place is because of their parents. You are making a circular argument.

Nonsense, children end up in the care system for all manner of reasons - not always because they have neglectful parents. It's a rather simplistic view to think years in care is going to foster a sense of social obligation on the next generation of parents. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I wouldn'd call it neglect but there are a lot of really careless parents out there.

Out and about the last couple of days at the sales, races, walking etc. The one think that really struck me was the amount of small children dressed so inappropriately for the weather.

Saw a little girl, no more than 5, at the races on Stevens Day in jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. Her lips were blue with the cold and she was crying because her hands were so cold. Her mother had a hat, gloves and scarf on herself.

This kind of thing annoys me so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Victor wrote: »
    You had a stranger's child, that nobody was owning up to, for 10 minutes and didn't call the Garda?

We definately need more people like you to use valuable, limited resources every time a "situation" occurs. :rolleyes:

Being an adult, why should you have to run to the Gardai every time something happens? PC brigade... lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Iamxavier I suggest you go and reacquaint yourself with the charter of this forum, esp the section on civil posting.

Advertisement