Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2010

• 16-12-2009 12:05pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So what to expect in 2010?

The first thing i'm excited about is an album from Dessa called A Badly Broken Code. The first single called Dixons Girl is great, something fresh and different.

Ghostface_ste posted on another thread that Murs & 9th Wonder have a new release scheduled. i think everyone that posts here will be looking out for that. The general consensus here is that Murs is great.

Emininininemem should also be dropping Relapse 2.

There will be the usual rumours about Dre dropping Detox.

Army Of the Pharoahs will be releasing something to which would be worth a listen

Redman - Muddy Waters 2 is rumoured to be released in 2010.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

If 2010 is as good as 2000 for hip hop ill be delighted! That Muddy Waters pt.2 should be interesting, Red hasnt dropped anything in awhile so hopefully he has some good material,

Relapse 2 is another one im looking forward to, I think Q-Tip might even have a beat on there, as well as Primo, wonder if that would work out though?

Im not into Murs but ill check out his new album with 9th wonder, most people love there first album

Madvillain pt.2 should be released next year, the snippets that where released of it sounded promising

I expect Nas to drop a new album aswell, especially since that court case with Kelis, he's gonna need the money!

Meth, Rae and Ghostface are meant to be doing an album together

Should be a good year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I am also looking forward to new Example and Big Boi which we should be getting very early in the year. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Your username reminded me that RJD2 is releasing an album next year on his new label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

relapse 2 shud be decent and detox too should it ever get released.

de la soul?
    sage francis?
    immortal technique?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

relapse 2 shud be decent and detox too should it ever get released.

de la soul?
    sage francis?
    immortal technique?
    Not sure about Sage, but it reminded me that there should be 2 releases worth talking about from his label Strange Famous this year.

First up, Buck 65 i think is scheduled to drop a new record. And secondly, and most importantly, Cecil Otter is due to drop an album.

EDIT: Prolyphic from SFR will also be releasing an album. I've heard some tracks from it and it's pretty decent so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Was anybody else disappointed with the last Murs and 9th wonder album, sweet lord. I know they put it out as a free album, but much like his last album wits buckshot, 9th's production was too formulaic (pun recognised), and Murs was too busy playing the role model to have any fun! Still, hopefully next go round will be a return to form

Common and Kanye are both meant to be releasing albums aswell, and cant forget about Madlib releasing a mixtape every month of the year!

Oh yeah, another 2pac album is meant to be coming out too, ''Shakurspeare'', they reallly milked everything out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

DRAKE Is already mahusive and hasn't even dropped yet!

Can't wait for his album :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, another 2pac album is meant to be coming out too, ''Shakurspeare'', they reallly milked everything out of him!

lol that has to be one of the worst titles i've ever seen

lol that has to be one of the worst titles i've ever seen

Haha I know, at least the cover makes up for it.....

2426977.jpg

for the sake of humanity, please let this album and its cover be fake!

• Advertisement

Before California, Before the Fame, He Formed Born Busy his first demo and MC New York was his name.....brilliant tag line :D

This sounds like it could be the demo tape that he made and shopped around to labels before he was signed. If you've seen the Biggie Tupac movie then you'll know the one i'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

I think J.Cole is releasing an album next year, I cant get enough of his mixtapes at the moment. Hope his album is as good as the warm up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Sir Lucious Leftfoot please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

look out for detox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

After Distant Relatives (Nas and Jr Gong Marley) this is what i'm most looking forward to...

Lets face it, it all the best Wu joints have been the ones with Meth, Chef and Ghost on them!

It looks like Duck Down are going to have a big year in 2010.

Ruste Juxx & Marco Polo album
    Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album
    Steele - Amerikkkkan Nightmare II
    Random Axe (Sean Price, Guilty Simpson, Black Milk)
    Kidz In The Hall......although pants live, thier last album was decent
    Smif N Wessun album produced by Pete Rock
    Black Moon album

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It looks like Duck Down are going to have a big year in 2010.

Ruste Juxx & Marco Polo album
    Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album
    Steele - Amerikkkkan Nightmare II
    Random Axe (Sean Price, Guilty Simpson, Black Milk)
    Kidz In The Hall......although pants live, thier last album was decent
    Smif N Wessun album produced by Pete Rock
    Black Moon album

Holy sh!t the B.C.C are getting it together next year! Smif n Wessun album produced by Pete Rock :eek::D and a new Black Moon album, I hope the Beatminerz are on that!

Every album there could be quality!

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Holy sh!t the B.C.C are getting it together next year! Smif n Wessun album produced by Pete Rock :eek::D and a new Black Moon album, I hope the Beatminerz are on that!

Every album there could be quality!
    Yep, Black Moon will be done by The Beatminerz. Smif n Wessun had the option of them or pete Rock for htier album and decided to go with PR because the beatminerz where focusing on Black Moon.

Yep, Black Moon will be done by The Beatminerz. Smif n Wessun had the option of them or pete Rock for htier album and decided to go with PR because the beatminerz where focusing on Black Moon.

Ohh yesss!!! Love their beats, and Buckshot sounds perfect on them, I cant wait for that!

Smiff n Wessun + Pete is bound to be greatness, hopefully Pete can still bring it like he used to

Potentially, next year can be the best year for hip hop in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Kimbo Price was good, have high expectations for Mic Tyson.

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote: »
    Kimbo Price was good, have high expectations for Mic Tyson.
    it's one i'm looking forward to as well

another one is Freeway and Jake One "The Stimulus Package". Here's the first single:

AZ should be releasing Doe or Die 2 with production from Pete Rock, DR period, L.E.S., BuckWild...he's also hoping to get Dre and Kanye on board.

''Savior Beans'' from Madillainy pt.2

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2009/12/madvillain-savior-beans-jrocc

Sounds pretty good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

My biggest wish would be Kanye gets a drum machine, a microphone and a tape deck and makes a rap album this isn't auto-tuned, over-produced hype with a guest appearance on every track.

Portion of me thinks he has absolutely lost it now, that he's fell off, but a part of me still thinks he could make a rap album to blow everyone else out of the water.
    Fingers crossed

I don't think he has been mentoined yet, but I will say EMINEM is someone's whose next album will be worth a listen. Its meant to be more personal as well, so less goofy rubbish.
    I read on Example's site that we will be getting a new Plan B album, interesting to see how that sounds. It cant be as bleak as his debut surely? :p

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I read on Example's site that we will be getting a new Plan B album, interesting to see how that sounds. It cant be as bleak as his debut surely? :p

He has a song on that new Michael Caine movie soundtrack which is absolute garbage. It's bling tastic so the total opposite of his excellent debut.

He has a song on that new Michael Caine movie soundtrack which is absolute garbage. It's bling tastic so the total opposite of his excellent debut.

Yeah it was pretty dire as was his "acting". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

I'm not into much by the way of hip-hop anymore, but I might have a look at Big Boi's new album. I'd really like to know about André 3000's new album, whatever it's going to sound like like- there has hardly been a peep out of him in the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marky boii

I hope Flo Rida has a new album in 2010 his last album was very good indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Siobhan Moloney

Drake is meant to have his album out late 2010 too, can't wait for that one

Advertisement