Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

New Eminem album has been confirmed by the man himself
    "Recovery" will drop on the 22nd of June, with the 1st single being produced by Jim Jonsin

http://www.eminem.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=25818

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Has anyone heard any of the new Sage Francis songs from Li(f)e yet? there have been 2 released from it so far, most recently a song called Best Of Times and it is excellent.
    Wont be everyones cup of tea but people who like Sage i think will dig the direction he's taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

New Devin the Dude been floating about for a while now. New Wiz Khalifa tape too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

New Devin's a bore, weed carrier's all over the place.

New Little Brother is alright, but by far their worst album.

Wu-Massacre, despite being extremely half-assed and cynical, is one of the best Hip-Hop LPs of 2010.

Hoping Big Boi, The Roots, Reflection Eternal and Shad 'save' the year.

The new Kurupt is real nice, although it has a couple of really **** tracks in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Orizio wrote: »
    The new Kurupt is real nice, although it has a couple of really **** tracks in the middle.

What i've heard, there's been some great tracks and some really dodgy ones. same as the new Dogg Pound stuff, some reall good and some trash.......nothing really inbetween

B.o.B. album isn't half bad. I'm not really sure what to make of it yet though.

Orizio wrote: »
    New Little Brother is alright, but by far their worst album.

Finally got around to this, i'd agree that its not thier best and wont be in constant rotation for me. I like the Curtain Call track but it should really be the last song on the album. 24 is another one that stands out for me.

anyone else listened to the new Too $hort album called Still Blowin'?

Most of it is pretty good, some really dodgy songs on it, but outweighed by the good. Albeit, alot has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Em is offically back people, his flow is off the hook on this:D

Despicable freestyle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 debby_dub

Hopefully we will be hearing more from the hiphop scene Ireland.
    Millaz are a very talented group & have a unique sound.

What ye think.?

http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=LCrZpbGRBmg
    http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=10A4Xk2_Hk4&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=LgufzZa6_AA
    http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=THZWIqEfNv0

:)

Now here's an interesting one.

GZA

Liquid Swords 2

Fall 2010

Produced ENTIRELY by The RZA

giggidy

Let's hope it's old RZA rather than new RZA.

I can see it being mediocre at worst but I don't think even at it's best it will touch LS.

i was reading an interesting q and a with the GZA a while back and he says that he hates rushing into projects, it's why Protools came out so incoherent. LS2 sounds like it's maybe jumping on the hype of OBFCL2 and Wu Massacre and might be rushed for release, i hope its a damn fine album but i doubt we will hear anything like the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

First single from Eminem's album is being released tomorrow on his radio station.
    It seems to be called "Not Afraid" and is apparently an 'uplifting song'.

Hopefully it'll be better than Game's single anyway.

http://www.nme.com/news/eminem/50861

RZA needs to go back to his early 90's ways, ie. look himself in his basement with a sh!t load of vinyls, a Liquid Swords sequel needs those grimey beats

GZA needs to lay off the sleeping pills for a few months too

Apparently RZA will be fully producing U-Gods next album, and at least half of Rebel INS's next lp, once there not rushed this could be another promising year for the Wu

RZA was a better producer when he didn't really know how everything worked. His production has lost a lot of the raw grit it used to have.

RZA is still an excellent producer imo, he has been incredibly consistent actually.

Panacea album has some nice tracks on it.

Some albums i listened to recently:

Sage Francis - Li(f)e
    Real nice album, all bands and musicians have made the beats and Sage has blended them well together with some excellent rhymes. But there are one or 2 dodgy moments on it.

E-40 - Revenue Retrieving: Night Shift
    I'm not even sure why i listened to this as i havent listened to any E-40 in about 10 years or more. But i'm glad i did, suprising an excellent album with some killer beats

Too Short - Still Blowing
    More of the same from Short, some really aweful songs, but some nice bouncy ones too.

Grieves & Budo - The Confessions of Mr. Modest
    Brilliant album, nothing bad about it at all, some exceptional moments on it. Not sure if it's from this year though ooopppps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Grieves & Budo - The Confessions of Mr. Modest
    Brilliant album, nothing bad about it at all, some exceptional moments on it. Not sure if it's from this year though ooopppps

Will have to check that out, only heard of Grieves recently and has some nice stuff.

Has anyone heard any of the Strong Arm Steady stuff - In seaech of stoney jackson? Worth a listen?

Will have to check that out, only heard of Grieves recently and has some nice stuff.

Has anyone heard any of the Strong Arm Steady stuff - In seaech of stoney jackson? Worth a listen?

88 keys and counting by Grieves is also great and well worth listening to.

Havne heard SAS i'm afraid....but i must check it out. Krondon is quite the MC and Phil Da Ag can be good at times.

The SAS album is well worth getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Is the Adventures of Bobby Ray album any good?

oooooOOOO, something which has excited me, there is a new MC Eiht album due later this year which is produced entirely by Premo. It's been 3 years in the making apparently.
    it's called 'Which Way is West?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Oh dear, I loved Example's last album What WE made, it was funny and actually quite clever in some places. Now sadly his new album seems aimed at the Fearne Cotton fanbase. Its all a bit lazy and desperate sadly. :(:(:(

New Single

Compared to previous tracks which are awesome...

What the ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

very disappointed with examples new direction. complete sell out now

evil_seed wrote: »
    very disappointed with examples new direction. complete sell out now

I normally throw up when I hear that term as I think it’s lazy and unfair in most cases.

However with Example I think it’s very apt; it’s astounding the drop off quality on his recent singles compared to his last album. The ironic thing is What We Made sounds poppy enough and quite a few tracks wouldn’t be out of place on daytime radio schedules, but they were also great tunes. The recent stuff is lazy and sounds like a man absolutely desperate to have the same time commercial success as Dizzy Rascal.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I normally throw up when I hear that term as I think it’s lazy and unfair in most cases.

However with Example I think it’s very apt; it’s astounding the drop off quality on his recent singles compared to his last album. The ironic thing is What We Made sounds poppy enough and quite a few tracks wouldn’t be out of place on daytime radio schedules, but they were also great tunes. The recent stuff is lazy and sounds like a man absolutely desperate to have the same time commercial success as Dizzy Rascal.

in regards to Example, too many appearances on T4 on the Beach will make you sell your soul :)

I think the difference with Dizzie is that he became very passionate about how he wanted to change his direction, he has come out and said that with his current lifestyle it's impossible to write anything like on Boy in da Corner now because it's not his way of life anymore.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    in regards to Example, too many appearances on T4 on the Beach will make you sell your soul :)

I think the difference with Dizzie is that he became very passionate about how he wanted to change his direction, he has come out and said that with his current lifestyle it's impossible to write anything like on Boy in da Corner now because it's not his way of life anymore.

Hope you weren't under the illusion that I was dissing the Rascal, far from it, loved his last album and I totally understood the change in direction.:)

The massive difference is Dizzie is making ace pop tunes, while Example is churning out dirge squarely aimed at people who revere Radio 1 afternoon dj's.:(

Advertisement