Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Anybody Come Across this Monitor. Samsung P2370H

Options
  • 16-12-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I'm looking for a 24" Monitor with full HD and I'm looking at the Samsung 23" LCD Syncmaster P2370. It only has a DVI connection but as I only want it as a PC Monitor thats ok.
    The thing is I have also come accross the SAMSUNG SyncMaster P2370H and the SyncMaster P2450H but I'm not sure if these are full HD because I cant find any reviews.

if anbody has any advice on these I would really appreciate it.

I'm also looking at the LG 24" Wide W2453V-PF, Full HD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Found this website in my own search for a 22" monitor:

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357.html

It has a review of the 3 monitors you mentioned on that page, and you can compare images in this section:

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

They are both Full hd. 1920 x 1080.
    The p2370h does indeed have a hdmi connection its not limited to DVi.

Xbitlabs have a round up on the Samsung 50 and 70 series here, it seemst he 50 series is the better buy.
    My p2450h arrived today too :)

farna_boy wrote: »
    Found this website in my own search for a 22" monitor:

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357.html

It has a review of the 3 monitors you mentioned on that page, and you can compare images in this section:

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6

Those reviews that use still images to show ghosting are awfully misleading though. No matter how little pixel lag is on a monitor those tests will still make it look awful. Theyre horrible reviews, your better off just having a look at a monitor for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

BeansBeans wrote: »
    They are both Full hd. 1920 x 1080.

Sorry to keep going on about it but can you confirm the P2450H is Full HD. Thanx BeansBeans its just that I cant see it stated any where.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

Gerb68 wrote: »
    Sorry to keep going on about it but can you confirm the P2450H is Full HD. Thanx BeansBeans its just that I cant see it stated any where.

if it says its 1080 Pixels its HD

• Advertisement

Ya its full HD. In fact just ignore that terminology. Full HD, HD ready and all that is just created to sell TVs.

All you need to know about monitors really is if you have a 22" or more then you want a 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 or above.

When you first posted I was seconds away from buying the Syncmaster P2370. It was even in the basket.
    Are you happy with the P2450H?
    Would you advice me to go for this one?

I'm not concerned with the external design of a Monitor. Its not a factor in buying.

I got this of ths Samsung site:

"Full HD The SyncMaster large format display has a Full HD panel with a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels. Thus, image content in 1080p format, may be the best HD resolution currently playing."

By not having 1080i does this mean that it is not full HD.

As i said previously forget about Full HD term you seem hung up on it.

Pretty much every monitor will be 1080p or else 1920 x 1200 resolution. The latter are much rarer now a days. There are of course higher resolutions on larger monitors (28" + i think).

1080p is great for films but not so much for general computer usage due to less vertical pixels. But then the alternative has become rare, 1080p is pretty much standard now.

I havent even looked at the Samsung monitor yet. It only arrived today. College exams tomorrow and Friday so will probably be the weekend before i even take it out of the box. To be totally honest there is not much variation in TN panels so any new Samsung/BenQ/Asus/LG panel around this price range will do you fine really.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Most 24" monitors are Full HD - 1920*1080. If that's listed as the max resolution then its Full HD regardless of anything else :P

A good few cheaper 22-23.5" monitors are still 1650*1080. Not Full HD, thus not great for HD content. Gives GPUs less of a headache when processing 3D content though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement