Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LanParty.ie 3 - Street Fighter 4 competition 6th March

Options
  • 16-12-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Right folks, our next event has been decided and we'll be running another SF4 competition after ye had an awesome time at the last event.

Competition Date: 6th March - midday (5th is available for casuals like last time and ye can play in to the early morning on the 7th - later on the sunday morning there's a good chance some of the consoles will be sued for our FIFA 10 competition)

Venue: Sheldon Park Hotel, Dublin 12.

Game Format: Xbox 360/PS3

Competition Format: Group + Double Elimination - Best of 3 matchs (not rounds) in all fights in group and double elimination

Restrictions: No button turbo enabled

Cost: €20 - prepay only

Prize: 50% of entry fee with a breakdown of (70/20/10) plus a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 thanks to Gamesnash.ie.

SF3 competition will go ahead again with the winner receiving a copy of Super Street Fighter 4. PPC will be recording matches as usual.

I'll have signups for SF4 up over the next 24 hours. With the database issues on the last site we've gone with a new one on the new site so if you'd an account on the old site you'll need a new one. Sorry. :(

Link to signups.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Thanks Kinetic^ will definitely sign up for this, the last one was a blast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Thanks Kinetic^ will definitely sign up for this, the last one was a blast!

I still haven't been able to sort your 3rd place prize out from last time, been busy with exams and haven't been able to get in to any of the meets. You can have free entry to the next one or I can drop money in the next time you're playing. It's up to yourself.

I havent been to a meet since myself so no harm at all.

I'll take the free entry save on hassle!

Cheers!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Let's see if I can improve on my 4th place.

Also, hope you're practicing 3rd strike Farz, Cos I might play it once or twice between now and then, and what'll happen then? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Also, hope you're practicing 3rd strike Farz, Cos I might play it once or twice between now and then, and what'll happen then? :P

Farz will **** bricks like last time :D

Great stuff Kinetic, looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The last one was good fun so hopefully this one will be too.

Can we make it a top 16 for double elim this time though. There really was no reason for only top eight last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Good stuff, enjoyed the last one. Hope to be there.
    Can we make it a top 16 for double elim this time though. There really was no reason for only top eight last time.

Agree with chopper, would like to see top 16 double elim, I reckon that the numbers would definitely be up on the last one as well making it more viable.

Also, seeded groups please - I've no desire to be in a possible group with Azza, Bush, Blag & Covlecog thanks :(

It'll be seeded again.

The last time we had 4 groups of 5 so making it top 8 in double elimination was the logical way to approach it. Otherwise we would've just went straight to double elimination and not going with groups. Depending on how many are at the next event will determine how many groups there are and thus how many go in to the double elimination round. I think 50% to go through to double elimination is a fair %. If we're to have 16 in double elimination not all games will be able to recorded due to time limitations as people will be catching buses etc. From the top 8 onwards, games will be recorded.

Edit: also, I'll have speakers for that machine that had none the last time.

The reason the last one didn't appear to be seeded was it was both Cobelcog and Ken B's first appearance. Them's hardly normal circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

By that stage(March 6) you might see me busting out my Adon!!! Or my new, improved Vega (who's getting fireballs and uppercuts in Super, if my sources are correct....):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Tbh even if Super comes out in March I'd prefer to keep the tournament to SF4 - that's hardly enough time to learn the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No no, that'd be the beauty of it - all the new, untested/secret tactics would come to the fore!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be all up for a Super SSF4 tournament. We all have to get with the times eventually, although I doubt it will be out by then although I might be able to sweet talk my friend into giving me a review copy as long as I write a review of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd be all up for a Super SSF4 tournament. We all have to get with the times eventually, although I doubt it will be out by then although I might be able to sweet talk my friend into giving me a review copy as long as I write a review of it.
    EVERYONE TO RETROS GAFF!

It may not even be out on console by then, let alone on PC.

Hey lads, just wanted to clear this up. We're going to run with SF4 for this event and will switch over to SSF4 for future outings.

I registered but can't see the SF fee thingame. I know you're too on top of things for this to be a mistake :D

Heh, I said I'd be sorting it out and am currently in the cp of LP.ie doing so :)

...and done.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    ...and done.

Woo-hoo,

1st to be signed up - in your face everyone else!

• Advertisement

Registered. Now I just need to find someone with a paypal account :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I see theres a headphone rule that will be enforced this time. Will we be aloud to play with sound on?

bush wrote: »
    I see theres a headphone rule that will be enforced this time. Will we be aloud to play with sound on?

Yes, you guys are grand with SF4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Yes, you guys are grand with SF4.

Nice one.

Registered. Now I just need to find someone with a paypal account :D

I can pay for you and sort monies out later Doom.

A-Trak wrote: »

Ledgebag.

A-Trak wrote: »

Want to do the same for me?

Just confirmed: GameSnash.ie will kindly be providing the winner of the SF3 & SF4 competition a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 each.

Thanks to Pat & Joanne from Gamesnash.ie for providing these games to us.

Edit: just to add, winner will receive the game when it's released and not on the weekend.

Just confirmed: GameSnash.ie will kindly be providing the winner of the SF3 & SF4 competition a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 each.

Thanks to Pat & Joanne from Gamesnash.ie for providing these games to us.

Format of their choice?

• Advertisement

Nice one lads :)

Ha ha who is going to be brave enough not to preorder their copy?

Advertisement