Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spell checking and Boards.ie

• 16-12-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,326 ✭✭✭✭

I always used firefox for browsing boards.ie and when typing a reply to a post for example there was always a spell checker which would underline in red any grammar mistakes. I have since bought a new PC and Im using IE 8 but the spell checker isnt there. Is there any way of enabling this on IE8?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

check out iespell !

http://www.iespell.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Why haven't you re-downloaded Firefox?

(along wth AdBlock Plus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

muffler wrote: »
    I always used firefox for browsing boards.ie and when typing a reply to a post for example there was always a spell checker which would underline in red any grammar mistakes. I have since bought a new PC and Im using IE 8 but the spell checker isnt there. Is there any way of enabling this on IE8?

Download a decent web browser har har har.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,326 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sunny2004 wrote: »
    check out iespell !

http://www.iespell.com/
    Many thanks, I'll give that a go.

Farcear wrote: »
    Why haven't you re-downloaded Firefox?

(along wth AdBlock Plus)
    I was thinking of doing this but I kinda got the feel again for IE and thought Id continue with it for a while but the spell checker was one of the very few problems I have.

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Unhelpful. Don't post again unless you have something to contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Unhelpful. Don't post again unless you have something to contribute.

That was my contribution. And it is sound advise.

That was my contribution. And it is sound advise.
    Well I didnt find it helpful especially as you failed to even come up with an alternative suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

tbh im loving IE. I dont think ill ever go back to FF, chrome and all those other applefag browers i found horrible.

Yes yes IE is probably more vunerable, but FF has its own issues too. Keep yoru AV and stuff up to date and all will be fine :)

Cheers Anti :)

Advertisement