Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Laptop to play sims 3 for under 450 euro?

• 16-12-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

My brothers girlfriend is looking for a laptop for christmas and all she wants it for is to play the latest SIMS game.

Min specs:
    FOR WINDOWS VISTA
    Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
    2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    1.5 GB RAM
    At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
    128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires at least:
    Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA X3000 or above.
    2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
    0.5 GB additional RAM

Also, and this is stretching; if it could be gotten in pink or red...

Personally I don't think its possible at the moment...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The €399 Inspiron here http://ireland.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/specials/most_popular_laptops?c=ie&l=en&cs=iedhs1

seems to match your min specs.

Intel® Celeron® Processor 900 (2.20 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit- English
    2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
    Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD

Add €39 for cherry red.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Im getting my gf a laptop and she's always playing Cafe World on Facebook so I'm sure she'd love Sims 3! Budget of 500 quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

quad_red wrote: »
    The €399 Inspiron here http://ireland.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/specials/most_popular_laptops?c=ie&l=en&cs=iedhs1

seems to match your min specs.

Intel® Celeron® Processor 900 (2.20 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit- English
    2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
    Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD

Add €39 for cherry red.
    Good manperson,
    I assume that Intel® Celeron® Processor 900 (2.20 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB) is better than 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent ?? I'm a bit lost there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Sniipe wrote: »
    Good manperson,
    I assume that Intel® Celeron® Processor 900 (2.20 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB) is better than 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent ?? I'm a bit lost there.

Celeron® Processors are pure crap & I recommend that you stay well clear of them.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Celeron® Processors are pure crap & I recommend that you stay well clear of them.

-

Have to echo this, get an AMD Dual core instead of celeron, much better and not too much in the difference price wise!

• Advertisement
Advertisement