Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost his white bit

Options
  • 16-12-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

oh no, my poor Tyson has had the last inch of his tail chopped of by the vet - het got a weird skin lump thing which had to be taken of for biopsy and cos they couldn't get a stitch in to hold they took an inch off the end of his tail - so that's his white bit gone see picture :( poor baby

has anyone else had bits chopped off their pets? how did they cope - pretty sure i will be more upset than him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

To be honest, he is so gorgeous, I wouldn't even notice it. He really is a looker!!

At least your vet didn't just chance his/her arm by putting a dodgy stitch in. :) Obviously they know their stuff and did what was best for Tyson.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Aw, poor thing! He probably won't even notice though.

No bits chopped off, but my cat is toothless! And happy out as she is basically allergict to her plaque and had a horribly inflamed mouth which is now perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hi Paul,
    I had a boxer cross in my teens looked exactly like Tyson, we never were sure what his dad was, now I know, they could be twins.
    Does Tysons tail curl over his back?

Not had any bits cut of my pets but my sister-in-law had a three legged cat that still managed to catch the odd rabbit!
    My Aunts dog had lumps removed from her back(looked like warts) several times with no ill affects, they turned out to be harmless just ugly and she kept scratching them and making them bleed. She had no ill effects and seemed fine and lived to a ripe old age.
    It's natural to worry they'll miss it or feel pain, but they cope much better than us.
    Just had my pup spayed and she's back to normal after 3 days, trying to keep her from leaping around and wrestling with her partner in crime is a full time job. They are really amazing.
    He'll be fine, keeping my fingers crossed he'll get all clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

What a gorgeous dog Tyson is. One of my Jack Russells had a hind leg removed just before we got her (she was 2 years old) and was very wobbly for the first few weeks. She's now nearly 8 and flies around the park chasing balls and running faster than most of the other dogs there. The only thing she can't do is swim :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

mymo wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    I had a boxer cross in my teens looked exactly like Tyson, we never were sure what his dad was, now I know, they could be twins.
    Does Tysons tail curl over his back?

well we only guessing he's a Lab/Boxer - yup tail used to (not sure if it still will) curl right over his back - he's nicknamed "Bang Bang" cos he's always wagging it and banging it of stuff :D

picked him up last night, he was pretty alert to say he had a general anesthetic, think they chopped off more than an inch though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

poor tyson,,,but the vet was right to take it off rather than TRY and do a stitch,, he could have ended up reopening it and then you'd be in trouble,,,especially if he is a very waggy dog:D,,,hope he's ok....georgous looking dog too:)

he'll be grand - nearly took him up to bed with me last night - oh what fools we are, it's funny though - wouldn't think twice about paying out for his (or Roxy or the pups) vet's bills, but when i was off work sick last week (we need a doctors letter on third day) i didn't go to the doctors cos didn't want to pay out €50 and of course i'm still sick this week - and in work - ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Apparently I'm an evil mother, all because I wouldn't let my daughter in my bed last week when she had a sore throat, but had the pup in her crate beside the bed same night as she'd been spayed that day.
    Yeah, reading that back I can kind of see her point!
    We really are a bit soft when it comes to the furry friends.

mymo wrote: »
    Apparently I'm an evil mother, all because I wouldn't let my daughter in my bed last week when she had a sore throat, but had the pup in her crate beside the bed same night as she'd been spayed that day.
    Yeah, reading that back I can kind of see her point!
    We really are a bit soft when it comes to the furry friends.

love it :D had tyson in the bed last night, well he was in, out, on top, on floor :rolleyes:

Advertisement