Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you let your kitteh ....

Options
  • 16-12-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

.... sleep on your bed?

Well ... do you? :p

Ours has a great sleep at the end of our bed every night, but am trying to decide if it's gross or not. I've woken up occasionally with her lying on my head!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Personally don't see any reason why not. My cat is an indoor cat so she's been nowhere that I haven't been. I quite often wake up to find her curled up against my stomach or with her head on my shoulder, I think it's so sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Don't see an issue once the cat (or dog) is clean etc.
    My two dogs sleep at the end of my bed (not all night, their beds are in my room) but I let them up at 5/6am. I put a blanket down the end of my bed and they sleep there.
    But I personally don't think it's gross if your animal is clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

We've quite a few indoor cats and there is only one that sleeps on the end of the bed, I'm not too fond of it but the missus seems to like her there so who am I to rock the boat....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Our two terrors are indoor cats and sleep at the bottom of the bed every night.
    At the weekend we're woken up if we're still asleep at 7.30 or 8 because they want attention.
    I've often woken up with one of them burrowing under the bedclothes and crawling in between us for some warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My two in/out cats scrape at the window to come in; then behav much as below

Reminds me of the old huskie drivers saying that a very cold night was a "four dog night"

They may think they are seeking warmth but in fact are giving it. Big fluffy cats exude heat.

If there is not enough food left for them ,they walk on my back
    Heroditas wrote: »
    Our two terrors are indoor cats and sleep at the bottom of the bed every night.
    At the weekend we're woken up if we're still asleep at 7.30 or 8 because they want attention.
    I've often woken up with one of them burrowing under the bedclothes and crawling in between us for some warmth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My ex's cat was allowed sleep in the bed. Was a bit weird waking up and finding a cat clawing at your face for attention.

But again, it seems fairly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Ours sleeps on the wife's side. As long as they're not on your pillow I reckon its ok.

And as long as they don't behave like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah but it doesn't happen very often, he likes his own space. Luckily we have empty beds he stays on, spoilt brat that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

we have two cats one sleeps on a big comfy cousion at the end of my daughters bunk bed,,the other sleeps on a cat bed on the floor of my sons room,,thats just the way it is ,,,i have no choice ,they rule the house:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Only problem i had with this was my kitteh was a little monster for attacking feet, which is not the best especially when you are dreaming something is trying to eat your feet and you try kick it away :P

I had to lock her out of all bedrooms after that as she didnt care who you were as your feet were open game to be played with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Oh yes. Samhain's an indoor cat and sleeps on my bed with me for at least a portion of every night. I usually wake up to her cuddled next to me. The only problem is when she actually tries to sleep on top of me, which usually happens when I'm trying to fall asleep. I sleep on my side, and she tries to sleep on my torso, which hurts my back, so it's a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

Howitzer wrote: »
    Ours sleeps on the wife's side. As long as they're not on your pillow I reckon its ok.

thats exactly what my cat does when she sleeps on our bed!! well except the baseball part that is :) that was a funny clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Calhoun wrote: »
    Only problem i had with this was my kitteh was a little monster for attacking feet, which is not the best especially when you are dreaming something is trying to eat your feet and you try kick it away :P

Sounds familiar.
    One of us often wakes up screaming as our feet are being flayed by a raking paw.

One of them has also learned how to open my sock drawer beside the bed and is quite content sitting on top dragging out all my socks and flinging them on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Howitzer wrote: »

OMG that's my cat all over (minus the baseball bat!) hence the reason she sleeps in the kitchen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

All day & all night some of the cats are on & in my bed - especially the newest baby Newt - he curls up under the blankets.

In fact Simon's cats are about right in the morning minus the baseball bat!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Before I moved house I used to let them sleep on the bed ( all three of them). Two of them were kittehs, so they loved snuggling up with the duvet! I used to leave the electric blanket on for them during the day too.

They were indoor cats at the time so I didn't mind. One thing that seriously bugged me was the hairs!! Drove me silly because they were everywhere. On that basis now that i have moved they are not allowed in the bedrooms. They mainly stick to the utility room and can come and go at their leisure.

The clawing of the feet was funny with the kittens especially. They would wait for me to go to bed at night and the minute i hopped in... it started! I was worse because i used to play with them!

Anyway, would love to have them in the bedroom but with the hairs and the roaming around I just prefere them not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Getting out of bed to open the window is the real problem; they scratch and scratch and miaou... Like chalk on a blackboard are claws on glass.... But spring will be easier.

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Before I moved house I used to let them sleep on the bed ( all three of them). Two of them were kittehs, so they loved snuggling up with the duvet! I used to leave the electric blanket on for them during the day too.

They were indoor cats at the time so I didn't mind. One thing that seriously bugged me was the hairs!! Drove me silly because they were everywhere. On that basis now that i have moved they are not allowed in the bedrooms. They mainly stick to the utility room and can come and go at their leisure.

The clawing of the feet was funny with the kittens especially. They would wait for me to go to bed at night and the minute i hopped in... it started! I was worse because i used to play with them!

Anyway, would love to have them in the bedroom but with the hairs and the roaming around I just prefere them not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have five indoor cats and they're all banned from the bedroom. They have their own room in the house and they get fed in there last thing at night, and shut into that room overnight. It's helped a lot with them having a very close bond, all five. They're released first thing in the morning. They go in freely every night to have their dinner and they like having their own space.

I can't let them free range the house at night - we used to, and nobody ever got an unbroken night's sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Aww thanks everyone. I don't feel so bad now!

I only have one cat, she's about 10 months old. She's indoor/outdoor and we do get the odd muddy footprint, but she's not smelly.

She does tend to 'hunt feet' but for some reason, goes for his instead of mine! :D I hear the odd yelp (from the man, not the cat) at around 5.30 in the morning, but most of the time she behaves! :P

I think she is settling into our routine now and goes to bed when we do etc. We lock her in overnight, so I suppose it's only fair that she has a proper bed to sleep on!! :D

Advertisement