Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned bike

Options
  • 16-12-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hello, found a bike earlier on campus that wasnt locked up. I threw my lock around it.

Give me a pm if its yours and ill unlock it and give a good telling off.
    Your gonna need some details by the way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I hope you left a note so that they don't just get security to grab a chain-cutter and go to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

yup theres a note too, nothin too obvious though. Tried to let services know but the desk was empty, gonna head up in an hour and see if theyre there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Some courier is going to sue your ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

As nice a gesture as this was it'll probably bite you in the ass. Hope it doesn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

hey thats just like when i found a laptop in the libary today...

serioulsy just unlock it, someone probably left their bike there hoping itd be ok and not everyone in ucd goes on boards.ie so most likely they wont pm you.
    ive often left mine unlocked because i was only going in for a few minutes and with the amount of bikes in ucd someone would have to be going around and looking closely at them all to find an unlocked one.

id say you pissed someone off bigtime. you've basically stolen their bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Reminds me of an old predicament I had a few weeks ago. I came into college one Friday and went to lock my bike beside the lake. Upon realising I forgotten my keys I didn't know what to do, until I saw that the bike beside me had the keys in the lock. I thought, I'll only be here for an hour and at least it guarantees that this person's bike won't be taken, so I locked both our bikes together and headed off and luckily when I came back there was no sign of him. I just left the keys back where they were and went on my merry way. I was s*itting myself that when I came back some fella would be there going mad, but luckily it was ok. I realise it is very slightly related to the topic, but felt it was worth sharing.

it was there for hours before i locked it, flat front tire, and i was easily contactible

regardelss, its being unlocked today because im leaving dublin for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If it's a rusty old bucket of a bike it was most likely just left there since somebody didn't want it. That's how I got rid of my old bike. Like how Homer got rid of the trampoline in the Simpsons!

i wouldnt have noticed it wasnt locked if was a rusty piece of crap hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Sure it wasn't an insurance job, or has that died out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...so, you're unlocking it you say?

..wherabouts is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

my friends bike got robbed/borrowed from belgrove bout 2 weeks ago.they wouldnt get far on it,,needs some toughing up :rolleyes: ,back wheel is a bit wobbly, if this bikes back wheel was ,could you send me a pm.?thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

theres about 500 bikes around UCD left around the place!

Advertisement