Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS spam from O2

• 16-12-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I'm regularly getting spam from O2 (50202). I've texted back STOP several times without success. Its annoying that a supposedly reputable network is disregarding Regtel guidelines. Do O2 reps still hang out around here? I need to whine at someone :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I've also sent an email to sms@o2.ie (which I clearly shouldn't have to do) asking to opt out. Over a month later I'm still getting spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I know its so annoying, its nearly 1 a day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

You have to send "stop" to 51020. The services advertised won't be available to you if you opt out.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I know its so annoying, its nearly 1 a day now.
    I was getting at least one every day.

• Advertisement

burgess1 wrote: »
    You have to send "stop" to another 51xxx number, which I'm afraid I can't remember but if you call O2, they'll give it to you. The services advertised won't be available to you if you opt out.

Thanks for the advice, but I shouldn't have to call O2. All they need to do is flip a bit in a database somewhere. I know it's a relatively trivial problem but I'm thinking that a complaint to ComReg or whoever might actually make them do something about this (a quick google search tells me that many others regularly have this problem).

I've found the number. Text 'Stop' to 51020.

Cool let's see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

It will take about 7 days before the texts cease.

I've been trying to stop them for a month now. I don't think any of this is cool, but let's see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I used to get SPAM from them and sent a very snotty email to customer services. They stopped :D

Advertisement