Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leixlip 5k Road Race - Sat 8th May (11am)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

sorry for the delay guys - results were available much earlier on but I could not get to the file :(

thanks for all the feedback and I'm glad you all enjoyed it - results are available from this link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

thanks le cheile! Interesting times there, 29th - 33rd only one second between us all! It really was that close!

Jnealon wrote: »
    I must have been sprinting against you guys as I came in at 18:57.
    Well done to Le Cheile on a well organised race and the spread afterwards was brilliant.
    I never knew that you had that grass track hidden at the back of the amenities

thanks Jnealon - you can come along and join us for a few sessions on the same said track - always open for new members ;)

Woah! LeCheile never mentioned this when he was boasting about this race last week...

you should try some of the shorter races RQ - we always get the post race fuelling right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

lecheile wrote: »
    you should try some of the shorter races RQ - we always get the post race fuelling right ;)

Ye have other races during the year?? (I'm only thinking of the cakes)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ye have other races during the year?? (I'm only thinking of the cakes)

Ditto.

The cakes and the err great company of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Ended up that I couldn't go to this and boy it seems that I missed a good one...and that's before we get to the cakes!!!

Well done Lechille and to everyone concerned.

Narrowly missed out on a sub 19.

Let the record show that GoHard did actually achieve his sub-19 - Well done GoHard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Pretty sure I finished about 2 minutes quicker than the results say :( It's a good thing I wasn't out to beat my PB just to set one!!! Great day though!! Looking forward to next year already :)

lmullen wrote: »
    Pretty sure I finished about 2 minutes quicker than the results say :( It's a good thing I wasn't out to beat my PB just to set one!!! Great day though!! Looking forward to next year already :)

Hi lmullen - I'll look through the video at the finish and see if there was some error in the recording.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Hi lmullen - I'll look through the video at the finish and see if there was some error in the recording.

Are you allowed use the video lecheile? could it be uploaded to YouTube? would be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Wild Rover

Great race yesterday and good to chat to Robin and a few of the boards lads after, well done to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

This was my first race and I really enjoyed it.

I have no past experience of these events, but all the same, from my point of view it seemed very well organised.

It was a nice course and, as many have pointed out, top marks for the grub afterwards! Actually, I couldn't find fault with any part of the race organisation.

Beautiful day, but the head wind proved challenging. Definitely would go back again. I should be a lot faster (or less slow!) next year hopefully!

Said hello to robinph and chinguetti afterwards when I saw the singlets. Nice to meet a couple of fellow Boardies as all you fine people are a great help to us beginners on here.

Also, how did I manage to miss those rice krispie buns I see in that photo? Damn it!

gmurran wrote: »
    Are you allowed use the video lecheile? could it be uploaded to YouTube? would be interesting to see.

Will see what I can do gm - issues will be of a technical nature rather than copyright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Will see what I can do gm - issues will be of a technical nature rather than copyright!!

Question was only if it was digital and easy to do. If it's not a five minute job forget about it. Thanks again for a very enjoyable race.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

jcsmum wrote: »
    Also my husband took some photos of me mid run (cringe) and he was snap happy for the whole race - he has some great pics.
    Where could he post them so people can have them. Any suggestions? Maybe somebody from the club would like them to distribute.

Any more photos of this race? Is Racepix the best place to see them?

Any more photos of this race? Is Racepix the best place to see them?

Hi Peter - we are chasing some of the photographers that were there on the day and will make photos available through racepix. There are some photos available for purchase through this link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭MaroonTam

I am looking nice and blue in the very first shot in this photo set (along with a couple of other Celbridge AC lads) :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Ceekay wrote: »
    I love the comments on this website. I think I may be the "older" guy! No offence taken unless your more than 52. I couldn't stop my watch with the buzz of our finish, so looking forward to the results. Not 100% sure if I got passed El D so we'll have to await the photo finish, so apologies to ya "El D" if I was a place out of turn! Great grub after especially the chocolate cake!
    I'll get a good look at you now in the pics and keep an eye out for you again.....revenge will be mine hehe ;)
    Ceekay wrote: »
    Shucks:(! Firstly I'm the "older" guy involved in the sprint. Then I was nearly beaten by a slice of chocolate cake! (It was a very big piece). Give me a break!

Yikes! I thought I could post on the internet without fear of reprisal!

My definition of "older" is anyone not in their twenties! I'm becoming "older" next week!

Two of my friends were defeated by the chocolate cake. They had to bring it home to finish it.

Thanks for dragging me to the line Ceekay, no way I would have pushed it if you hadn't gone for it. A local fella breezed by me but I didn't recognize him until the end.

Hey Rophinph, you didn't happen to see the picture of you, me and your man anywhere that the official looking guy took?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

internet withYikes!
    Thanks for dragging me to the line Ceekay, no way I would have pushed it if you hadn't gone for it. A local fella breezed by me but I didn't recognize him until the end.
    Sure wasn't it great fun! I couldn't believe you got passed me again near the line. The oul "Keelin Kick" ain't what it used to be!! I've moved on from chocolate cake now. Like the salad sambos at the Sportsworld 5, and the rhubarb tart at the Simon Cumbers 6k. I must check my next feed, I mean race!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Hey Rophinph, you didn't happen to see the picture of you, me and your man anywhere that the official looking guy took?
    Nope, no sign of that one in any of the photo collections I've seen. Seemed like he could have been a "printed media" photographer so might need some Lexlip local to trawl through their local rags to see if there is any mention of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I've sent on some photos to the athletic club so hopefully they will be available for viewing shortly.

jcsmum wrote: »
    I've sent on some photos to the athletic club so hopefully they will be available for viewing shortly.

thanks for providing the pics jcsmum - really appreciate it - and I believe that you are not going to be available next year as you will be competing;)

All photos are available on RacePix here (thanks for the help Woddle) and if you are a FaceBoook user you can see them here and here (please tag yourself and any of your friends that you come across)

Completion time certs will be issued soon :)

Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

Advertisement