Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remove branded logo from phone?

• 16-12-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

I just bought a Meteor phone (pay as you go) but i am with o2. I have the phone unlocked so now i can use my sim in the phone....but is there anyway the meteor welcome message can be removed from the phone at start up? I looked under all the phone settings but cant see anything....
    Its the Samsung Tocco Lite.

thanks in advance,
    H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Just got my tocco lite today and cant get rid of the irritating "o2-IRL" widget and googling i found that you have to debrand it.
    Can any boardsies help me out with this as I saw the software needed for this cost around 20quid onlin! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Last Sunday got my E71 debranded this way:

Step 1
    Download b-phreaks Nemesis Service Suit from http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_2
    Step 2
    Install Nemesis (Just click next at USB Virtual Drive)
    Step 3
    Open Nemesis
    Step 4
    Connect phone to PC via USB cable and choose data mode
    Step 5
    Click the little magnifying glass icon (Scan For New Device)
    Step 6
    Click on the 'Phone Info' Icon
    Step 7
    Click 'Read'
    Step 8
    'Enable' Product Code
    Step 9
    Change Product code and press 'Write'

Codes (for Nokia, not sure if work with other phones)

0534841 - Euro 1 - Sand
    0534842 - France
    0534843 - Alps
    0534844 - Euro 2
    0534845 - Turkey
    0534847 - Scandinavia
    0534848 - BALTIAN
    0534849 - Russia
    0534850 - Ukraine
    0534851 - CIS, Bulgaria
    0534852 - Euro 3

Then you'd have to update the genuine firmware to replace the network-branded you currently have.

No harm to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

apart from making a phone unlocked and the obviously advantages of doing so, what are the advantages of getting a phone debranded?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

apart from making a phone unlocked and the obviously advantages of doing so, what are the advantages of getting a phone debranded?
    Lack of annoying Meteor logo and screensavers when I'm with O2.. Official firmware upgrades as well? Sounds good enough to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

yes i agree....thats reason enough for me to want to de brand the phone.
    I woulndt mind if it was with o2,,,,,but because its meteor i want to get rid of it.....drives me mad-i hate looking at it with that silly The Apprentice rubbish...what happens when the show is over? Does it automatically update to something new or are we all stuck with it FOREEEEEEEEEEEEVER? :p
    im tempted to send it back and just get an upgrade with o2....but they dont do the silver one.....oh the stress...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rain_Dog_Brian

Dr Phil,

Aren't the codes above for a nokia N95?

I am hoping to debrand my newE71, but google provided different product code for E71 (EURO1 - 0567045).

On an aside, Is there a chance that debranding / firmware updating can re-lock a phone to a particular SIM provider? Once un-locked wont re-lock ever ?

Advertisement