Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partner same second name??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

stovelid wrote: »
    Not to worry. This relatively minor strain of pathetic would probably pass undetected in your usual voluminous stream of same.

Wow, you only had to edit that once to get it just right. Your "wit" is really coming along. Maybe someday you'll be able to write something (first time) thats actually funny. Stranger things have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Rondolfus wrote: »
    Wow, you only had to edit that once to get it just right. Your "wit" is really coming along. Maybe someday you'll be able to write something (first time) thats actually funny. Stranger things have happened.

Do you actually perform any useful function on boards except going around trying to wind people up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you actually perform any useful function on boards except going around trying to wind people up?

Seems like the only one getting wound up is you. Thats nothing to do with me, I reckon its more to do with people not finding you as funny as you obviously think you are. Quite a common problem on this site. You're certainly not alone.

I have no idea why you think I'm a troll. Feel free to explore my posts. Something tells me you've the time to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Feel free to explore my posts.

I'd rather not.

As I irk you so much, just refrain from commenting on my posts and I'll return to ignoring yours.

Everyone is happy then aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Feel free to explore my posts.

I explored your posts through the medium of interpretive dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

whiterob81 wrote: »
    it worked out fine for me and my older brother

Wow both of you ended up going out with girls with the same surname as you...crazy coincidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

me and my wife both have the same surname, never bothered me in the slightest.

I also know someone who married his daughter, in Church as well.

Anyway, anyone seen my coat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Hey, why cross the dancefloor when you just cross the landing?

...right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

But I don't know anyone else with the surname "God".
    Doh!
    Your reading your name wrong again.
    I told you before, to stop looking at your name in a mirror! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 xtina001

Ok I know this doesn’t exactly relate to this thread but I’m thinking of contacting a physic to find out the meaning of this freakish thing that happened to me or maybe someone can give me some info here 🙈

Ok my name is Christina and my baby girl is called Darcy. I started this baby massage class last week and the woman who runs the class is also Christina and has a baby girl called Darcy. Yes a little weird but this week we figured both our darcys have the same date of birth and also.... we have the same birthday aswell 🙈🙈 this cannot be a coincidence ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

xtina001 wrote: »
    Ok I know this doesn’t exactly relate to this thread but I’m thinking of contacting a physic to find out the meaning of this freakish thing that happened to me or maybe someone can give me some info here 🙈

Ok my name is Christina and my baby girl is called Darcy. I started this baby massage class last week and the woman who runs the class is also Christina and has a baby girl called Darcy. Yes a little weird but this week we figured both our darcys have the same date of birth and also.... we have the same birthday aswell 🙈🙈 this cannot be a coincidence ?????

Wow this is a massive coincidence that I'm reading this and also happen to be a psychic.
    I can meet you any evening this week(I'm thinking your going to pick Wednesday) and we can discuss this further.
    My fee for this important meeting will be free but I can feel that you want to donate something around the 200 euro Mark which will be fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

What an odd preference to have or worry about in a partner.

Are you telling me if your surname was Kelly or Murphy you would avoid ?

Really ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

Holy psychic zombie thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Weird. Not only a zombie thread but resurrected for an off topic post. Spooky.

👻

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

It wouldn't bother me, it's extremely unlikely to occur though.
    There are very few of us Hitlers left since great-uncle Adolf got up to all that unpleasantness some years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Had this discussion recently. Seems to divide people. Would you feel odd going out with someone if they had the same surname as you?

I've never come across it myself but I'd imagine its pretty weird.

Why would it present a problem? Unless you are actually going out with a family member?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There are very few of us Hitlers left since great-uncle Adolf got up to all that unpleasantness some years ago.
    Hitlers either changed their surname, or decided not to have kids, to kill the surname.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It wouldn't bother me, it's extremely unlikely to occur though.
    If there's any chance it can only be a matter of time (could be a few billion years off in a parallel universe for all I know mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Thread reminded me of this

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

the_syco wrote: »
    Hitlers either changed their surname, or decided not to have kids, to kill the surname.
    '...or could have simply killed the kids - they are Hitlers after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭arctictree

Saw a death notice a few years ago of a Murphy (née Murphy). That looked a bit weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

We're not going to justify you banging your cousin!

That's his own business in fairness squire, you make yer own luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

That's his own business in fairness squire, you make yer own luck.

The thread is 9 years old, they have weird little 6-toed kids now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

benjamin d wrote: »
    The thread is 9 years old, they have weird little 6-toed kids now

I've thought about your point and have spotted the profitable slant as per, if I say so meself. We all know that certain footballers earn a Kings ransom, likewise in Spain certain Matadors earn salaries with the same amount of figures as phone numbers. The Chinese however (great bunch of lads) are mad into extreme tightrope walking. A sixth toe would certainly give an edge in such a scenario. Snooker has also become massive in China, and a sixth toe would be a godsend if the cueball was positioned near the blue spot, and the player was attempting a four cushion snooker behind the black. This, combined with China's lax child labour laws could make a millionaire of the hick that started the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

arctictree wrote: »
    Saw a death notice a few years ago of a Murphy (née Murphy). That looked a bit weird.

Reilly? (née O'Reilly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I went out with someone with the same first name as my brother and the same second name! Was too weird so didn't last long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

the_syco wrote: »

Hitlers brother ( worked at the Shelbourne hotel in Dublin ) married an Irish woman - Bridget Dowling

They had a son on 12 March 1911 - William Patrick Hitler - he went off to join the US navy and fought in WW ll

The son died of a Tuesday, 14th of July 1987

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,145 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

xtina001 wrote: »

Yup, calling a girl Darcy is weird alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

My partner has the same second name, but then I found out it's because we are already married.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It’s very unusual but it happens. It’s not something that would put me off dating someone I fancied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 xtina001

Yup, calling a girl Darcy is weird alright.

Thanks for your opinion Mrs obumble although that wasn’t even the question asked but since you seem to have an interest in her name she was named after my Mum who recently died in a traggic accident!

Thanks again

It's when they go double barrelled that I get confused...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Good friends got married last year and their last name differ by the first letter, along the lines of Boyle and Doyle. I have no idea how they solved it in the end but all the speeches were full of last name jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Pighead wrote: »
    In Vietnam a massive 38.4 % of the population share the same surname. They're all called Nguyễn. OP should probably avoid going there if this same surname lark, freaks him out so much.

That's insane. Why is it so popular.

I just googled it and apparently on numerous occasions after collapses of the ruling dynasty the families changed their names to Nguyễn in order to hide from retribution. Probably because it was the most popular name at the time and just became more popular because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

It's say it's very common in the traveller community where many marriages are among first and second cousins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

mud wrote: »
    And sure, one of their kids will have 'a cure'

For whooping cough

Advertisement