Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock exam

Options
  • 16-12-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I am a college student who did the leaving in 2009 and wish to repeat the leaving this year.
    I decided to study myself at home and do the leaving. Is Mock exam compulsory or I can just ignore it and do the leaving?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

you dont have to do it ! some schools dont!
    i spose since u already know the whole process of exams etc u dont need it and you probably know from the lc what u need to work on
    but it could be handy cos it might give u extra drive to study! ( not saying u dont already hav that! )
    as far as i know u can do them privatley like not through a school or whatever : http://mocks.ie/
    best of luck !:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Mocks' are not compulsory and a convincing case can be made for not having them at all.
    A good teacher can predict fairly accurately what her students will get (excluding disasters of course) and the disruption to the school routine and the costs are substantial.

Make your own mocks - choose a past paper from a particular year in each subject and do that. Make sure you are studying the right poets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bloodmager

one more question: If I got my CAO number, where would I do my exam at in June?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The exams are separate to the CAO process.
    To sit the Leaving as an external student, you need to apply to the State Examinations Commission.
    See: http://www.examinations.ie/ under 'Candidates/External Candidates.
    The SEC's requirements will have to be satisfied where practical or project work is involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement