Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning clothes

• 16-12-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Quick question for you guys - If I buy a top online at its full price and then when I try it on if I decide I want to return it to the shop - will I get a refund of the full price even if the top is on sale by then in the shop...

Just wondering with it coming up to Christmas, by the time I get anything I buy online, if I want to return it, it might already be on sale in the shops so just checking i'll still get refunded the price i paid??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I work in River Island so I know our returns policy inside out and I'd say other stores run along the same lines.

If someone buys a top on our website and wants to return it, no problem as long as they have the receipt.

A customer has 28 days to return something and in that time, if the tag is still on the item and again, they have the receipt, they will get back however much they paid for the item, regardless of what price it is being sold at in store currently.

We are now offering an extended returns period because of xmas but I'm not sure if other stores do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

goodgirl12 wrote: »
    Quick question for you guys - If I buy a top online at its full price and then when I try it on if I decide I want to return it to the shop - will I get a refund of the full price even if the top is on sale by then in the shop...

Just wondering with it coming up to Christmas, by the time I get anything I buy online, if I want to return it, it might already be on sale in the shops so just checking i'll still get refunded the price i paid??

I would presume once you return it correctly and in the specified amount of days then you will get a fund refund. just a presumption though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Yeah Novella's right. Be warned though, with River Island if you buy in Sterling (up north say) and bring it back down here they give you a **** of an exchange rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yeah Novella's right. Be warned though, with River Island if you buy in Sterling (up north say) and bring it back down here they give you a **** of an exchange rate

This is true! Although the other day, a girl I work with returned a pair of slippers she bought in the RI in Belfast and they actually ended up giving her back money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Wow, how did that happen. I had a customer nearly take my head off when she was returning a pair of jeans. Firstly theyd gone on sale down here and the tags were scanning through as like 20 quid or something, then we finally got the jeans in at the right price and she lost it when she realised the exchange rate (this is even pre-bust so the pound was still really strong and she was still getting shafted)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 shopinie

If you buy something on line you do have a right to return it if you do not like it.
    If you pay full price and you have the receipt to prove it as in print out then you get back what you pay, regardless of sale.
    if you buy something from a shop and you want to return it because you now do not like it then the shop owner is not obliged to take it back mainly due to the fact that you saw it before you bought it however it is up to the store to give you your money back or a credit note, if you bring it back while it has gone into sale then as long as you have the reciept then you can get the full value that is if the shop has agreed to giv eit in the first place.
    if the garment is damaged then you are entitled to a full refund as long as you have the reciept.
    does any of this help.

also did you know that if an online shopping sends you the wrong item and you can prove it is not what you ordered example wrong color to what you ordered then you can bil them for postage to come off your account, but clear it with them in a phone call prior to sending it back.
    just copy reciept and then send them the orig one and keep copy for your records.

x maureen

Advertisement