Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lastpass

• 16-12-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

is it safe? can you use it on a friends computer? what about internet cafes?

any tips for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Fireball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've never used it before, but the testimonials seem promising. Appears legitimate.

The Feature Page https://lastpass.com/features_free.php suggests Lastpass Portable Edition can be used on a USB key to carry your passwords with you.

You should be alright. Big rule of thumb though is dont login to anything very sensitive in a public area, like your bank account. In fact, I dont know why i didnt think of this sooner, but you should have a Seperate email address that you use for Account Management and another for receiving personal emails and other junk. That way if your personal email is compromised, the crook doesnt have your Account-Control Email Address, so he cant use password recovery tools (found on most websites) to grab all of your logins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Fireball?

huh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Overheal wrote: »
    I've never used it before, but the testimonials seem promising. Appears legitimate.

The Feature Page https://lastpass.com/features_free.php suggests Lastpass Portable Edition can be used on a USB key to carry your passwords with you.

You should be alright. Big rule of thumb though is dont login to anything very sensitive in a public area, like your bank account. In fact, I dont know why i didnt think of this sooner, but you should have a Seperate email address that you use for Account Management and another for receiving personal emails and other junk. That way if your personal email is compromised, the crook doesnt have your Account-Control Email Address, so he cant use password recovery tools (found on most websites) to grab all of your logins.

so one email account for amazon, ebay, banks etc and another for forums, personal etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yep. That was my Coffee Thought for the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i use it. its pretty good :)
    when the laptop died i lost lots of info, but installing it on the new one made getting everything back easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Use it myself, very handy. They have an add on for Chrome now too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've been using this for ages, its amazing, I honestly don't know how I managed before. I've got one password that I use for Lastpass and my email, all others are randomly generated and stored using Lastpass. There's even a usb key app that stores my passwords so You can bring them with You (I've a usb key on my keys) or You can login online to get them. If You even change a password it'll detect it and ask You if You want to store.

I use it to share passwords on both Windows and Linux in Firefox and its now available for Chrome too

You can't use it for banking, banking has more than a password.

Advertisement