Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to DVD

Options
  • 16-12-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey all does anyone know if there is anyone that offers the facility to copy a vhs to a dvd in the limerick area?

I'm just asking as my uncle wants to back up all of his home movies onto dvd

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Home movies eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

Can't really help you OP, but you have reminded me of how good the cartoon Home Movies was.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

get a tv card for your pc, and you can record anything from vhs to the pc no problem. then just burn them to a dvd disc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

You could by a easycap of amazon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You'll get better reply in the Limerick forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Theres a place beside Chawkes who do it,expensive enough as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give the lads in Future, Sound & Vision on Upper William Street (next to Gleason's Sports Store) a ring, they maybe able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

There is a lad in Limerick that did it for me recently. PM me if you want me to send on his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

As bazz already stated Tony in FSV will do it for you at a reasonable rate..does bulk deals 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 joedel

All types of video work including tape to DVD conversion. josephdelaneyservices@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joedel

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    Hey all does anyone know if there is anyone that offers the facility to copy a vhs to a dvd in the limerick area?

I'm just asking as my uncle wants to back up all of his home movies onto dvd

Thanks in advance

josephdelaneyservices@hotail.com
    video services including tape to dvd conversion.
    tel 086 3614708
    price depends on length, type of tape, quantities, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Cheers for all the responses, just past on all the info to my uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

for about 80 euro you could buy a TV card for a PC and do it yourself. that is if your pc has a dvd burner.

Advertisement