Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80 shower (old model) not working!

Options
  • 16-12-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Shower was working fine yesterday but today its not working. Light is coming on, on the pull cord ceiling switch but no light is coming on, on the shower unit. When shower knob is turned to power on nothing happens, usually light comes on and you can hear the motor. Any ideas what is wrong? it didn't trip the switch, and I put in new pull cord switch about 5 months ago. Hoping I can fix it myself, lost my job recently so money is tight. Thanks in advance!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi Ruthie,

You'll need to check for power at the shower. If the pull cord switch is illuminated after you pull the cord, that means power at the switch. Therefore you'll need to verify at the shower unit itself. Possible a faulty switch. But hard to say for sure. Triton is a good model.
    You'd need a multimeter and a basic understanding of electric's to fault find. Also, Better off isolating the power to the shower and do continunity checks on the start button, plus you can check for loose connection's.

Maybe you'd be better off getting in an electrician to have a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Ruth this is an unusual problem with triton you would be best getting an electrician or if your determined you can try

showerdoctor.co.uk

this is a good website for shower problems. Bear in mind its an english site so the legislation and regulations might be slightly different. At least if you know the problem you might be able to tell an electrician what you want fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭targus

Turn the power off and open the switch.The neutral on the side going to the shower has a tendency to burn the switch out if some of the insulation has been in contact with the terminal screw.

If this is the case you will just need to replace the switch.Bear in mind if this is the case that all insulation should be clear of the terminal when connecting and connections should be dead tight..keep us posted!

Advertisement