Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 10mb without Digital TV?

• 16-12-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Is is possible to get the 10mb UPC broadband deal without getting digial tv?

I'm signing up atm and I get this:

upco.jpg

I thought you just paid an extra 6 euro if you didn't get digital tv.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

AFAIK you can, but you have to pay 8 quid or something extra because your only getting Broadband.

Stupid I know, but the idea is that you say screw it, ill just pay a tad more and get digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

I thought it was 6 euro which brings it to 38 euro which isn't too bad. It would be 52 euro with the digital tv which is an extra 168 euro a year. Not saying screw it to that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Even if you do go BB only- you can still access the analogue channels via the cable, its a reflection of this..... I've the 12Mb connection. Its a hell of a lot more reliable than any of the ADSL suppliers........

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

I got it to go through by going to the made to measure page.

Thanks for the info about the analogue channels smccarrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

smccarrick wrote: »
    Even if you do go BB only- you can still access the analogue channels via the cable, its a reflection of this..... I've the 12Mb connection. Its a hell of a lot more reliable than any of the ADSL suppliers........

Yeah Thanks smccarrick I have the 10Mb broadband only option didn't realise you could get the analogue channels, which will be great for me as I only have the Irish channels through indoor aerial and the recption here is crap

• Advertisement

just tried to tune in analogue stations and there are none on my connection :( Connected to the TV from the correct adapter and did a tune and found nothing.

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    just tried to tune in analogue stations and there are none on my connection :( Connected to the TV from the correct adapter and did a tune and found nothing.

I've 17 analogue channels coming in here?
    I don't know.....
    They're all UHF btw.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

yes its possible

i cancelled the digital and just have analogue + 10mbit

tho theres an internet only charge of 5-10 euro

so not really worth it i suppose

Yeah got the tv to do an auto tune (checks all bands) and I also did a manual search but nothing coming through at all. I used to have tv about 8 years ago and got rid of it then and only got the broadband installed from UPC less than 2 months ago. They installed a new wall box in the house with 2 connectors one for the broadband and the other for tv I assume, am using the tv one but nothing on it. Assume it must be different for new users like myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Yup,

Same here in the Netherlands with UPC, 30 / month for 30mbit plus 16 for Analog TV Stations is mandatory. Digital is an extra 6 yoyos a month.

• Advertisement

30Mb?
    Ye gods.....
    We really are being left behind here.......

smccarrick wrote: »
    30Mb?
    Ye gods.....
    We really are being left behind here.......

we are getting 30mbs here in January, 10 is being upgraded to 15 and 20 to 30

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055764097

Advertisement