Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDJ-1000 Is it too good to be true??

Options
  • 16-12-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Im lookin to get myself a decent set of decks and mixer I was looking at CDJ-400's and 800's but then i came across these: http://www.adoos.ie/post/9966213/_2_x_pioneer_cdj1000mk3_amp_1_pioneer How unbelievable is that? Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with them because it really seems like a total scam of some sort? Obviously I wouldn't go placing an order with them but i would definately go and check them out if they let me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Wouldn't a laptop setup with Traktor or similar, and USB controller decks like the Behringer, be way better than a pair of CD players and a mixer? Cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Im lookin to get myself a decent set of decks and mixer I was looking at CDJ-400's and 800's but then i came across these: http://www.adoos.ie/post/9966213/_2_x_pioneer_cdj1000mk3_amp_1_pioneer How unbelievable is that? Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with them because it really seems like a total scam of some sort? Obviously I wouldn't go placing an order with them but i would definately go and check them out if they let me.

Deja Vú?
    madtheory wrote: »
    Wouldn't a laptop setup with Traktor or similar, and USB controller decks like the Behringer, be way better than a pair of CD players and a mixer? Cheaper too.

No, basically. It would be a lot cheaper, but unless you're using a Macbook Pro, and an Allen + Heath Xone:4D, any digital set-up is going to be inferior quality to a set of Pioneers, apart from using the pioneers to control Traktor Scratch. And, if by Behringer you mean this, then definitely, definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Kindly Contact us at (hassan.hessa@hotmail.com)

Oh and while your at it fill out this form for me,
    er9y0x_Has_Your_Credit_Card_Number_Been_STOLEN_On_The_Internet-s506x279-13914-580.png

That was a thread full of facepalm.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Oh and while your at it fill out this form for me,
    er9y0x_Has_Your_Credit_Card_Number_Been_STOLEN_On_The_Internet-s506x279-13914-580.png

Ha brilliant!!:D
    Just look at the e-mail he sent back after I said i could'nt ever order without having a try of them:

"Thanks for getting back to us .i feel you don' t need to talk this way to a company where you are willing to trade for long lasting business relationship,because we believe you are the type of customer who will do business with us on long term basis that is why we really want this transaction go smoothly,we are a registered company and well known here in United Kingdom.

So if you are really interested to trade with us kindly give us a trial because we don't entertain time wasters on here and we can never do anything stupid to anyone, we make shipping just only 2-3days intensively immediately your payment is confirmed and verified by our company accountant via western union comply with us to make this a successful and happily transaction between you and our company .

All you need to do now is to get back to us with your full name , delivery home address , so that we can start packing the package for shipment .

Looking forward to hear from you soonest .

Thanks"

I'm just gonna send him an email tellin him where he can shove his long term business relationship the little ****!:D Can you imagine anyone trying to sell you something replying like that!

Oh and what is facepalm???

• Advertisement

Ha ha, Western Union, because you know that's official! Facepalm is the action one does when something stupid is said. Like an 'oh Christ you're an idiot' action.

facepalm.jpg
    Wrong Forum by the way in future post in here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=126
    this has nothing to do with music production.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Deja Vú?
    No, basically. It would be a lot cheaper, but unless you're using a Macbook Pro, and an Allen + Heath Xone:4D, any digital set-up is going to be inferior quality to a set of Pioneers, apart from using the pioneers to control Traktor Scratch. And, if by Behringer you mean this, then definitely, definitely not.
    I disagree. No need for a mixer if you have a controller device. It's possible to use the Behringer just as a controller, and use a superior audio interface of your choice. And use WAV or a lossless compression format, you can certainly equal the Pioneer sound quality. There's the potential for balanced outputs also. And less weight to carry.

madtheory wrote: »
    I disagree. No need for a mixer if you have a controller device. It's possible to use the Behringer just as a controller, and use a superior audio interface of your choice. And use WAV or a lossless compression format, you can certainly equal the Pioneer sound quality. There's the potential for balanced outputs also. And less weight to carry.

I didn't mean sound quality, I meant build quality. Faders, pots, buttons, hardware, electronics, and yes actually, the sound quality coming out of the controller (the one's with build in sound card). With the Behringer, or a Hercules etc. the overall quality is going to be very lacking.

Advertisement