Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy yourself as an app inventor?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

Just came across this on facebook and thinks it looks class! Thought people in here may be interested!

A company called Funzoo are running a competition for iphone app ideas. You submit your idea and it is entered into the competition, public vote to decide which idea is the best. The one that wins is created and marketed by funzoo and the person who came up with the idea, gets a €200 shopping voucher, the app free...and 10% of the revenue generated from the app!! that is incredible!

to put this into brass tax, if 2 million people buy YOUR app (very probable - the app is apparantly gonna be available worldwide) you will get approx €200,000 which the chance to make much more.....just be submitting an idea!! AWESOME :D

the facebook page where you submit ideas is here good luck!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Not a bad idea from the company. Writing apps is easy, the biggest challenge is creating an app that will be noticed above all the noise in the app store. I guess this is a good way of harvesting ideas, although it must be getting harder and harder to come up with original ones. 10% of the revenue is pretty generous, I wonder if that's before or after Apple take their 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Woot. Submitted one for a car diagnostic app with custom hardware :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i saw that! fair play you put my one to shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I honestly have what I think a great idea for an app. That I think would be worlwide sucessful at 5.99 pricepoint.

1. Need apple to open up a bit more controls to iPhone settings.
    2. Googlemaps needs to have spatial search.
    3. Will need to probably run in the background like the iPod app.

For those reasons alone my app isn't possible :(

that being said this is great for people who can't code/market an app for themselves.

Advertisement