Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus; Route 220 (d)

Options
  • 16-12-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. And please feel free to move it, if it is :)

Basically I'm looking for some information on the 220 bus leaving ballymun heading to blanchardstown hospital. I've tried ringing Dublin bus about my query, and all the auld haggard ones working on the phone want to do is argue (over the fact there is no version "D" of the route, although clearly stated on the website, and i have seen it myself)

Now to the question. This bus or the "D" version comes through the corporate park where i work, leaving ballymun at 16:35, and arriving at 17:15. What i'd like to know is what time it actually turns up here, as there is a 40 min gap with no stops listed.

Anyone here catch this bus and can shed some light? Anyone able to make sense of the dublin bus timetable ?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/220/

Thanks !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

maybe someone in the commuting and transport forum could help you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

In all my years of getting the 220 (roughly ten years regularly) I have never been on a 220 that goes through Dublin Industrial Estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

In all my years of getting the 220 (roughly ten years regularly) I have never been on a 220 that goes through Dublin Industrial Estate.

Sorry, i should have been more clear. Its Blanchardstown corporate park phase 2. Their Google maps page shows it does come through here as the 220d, but not in any way of a half decent time frame.

@AOTF Ah cheers, i knew there was a forum for that, just couldn't find it :)

Mods, please feel free to move this.

Oh right. With that not being the normal route (roadworks on Ballycoolin Rd forcing it through the Corporate Parks) the timetable is all up in the air. I've known it to take anything between a half an hour and an hour to get from Ballymun to the Corporate Parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Just the answer i was looking for. Thanks adrieanne :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Are you sure your not talking about the 40d that goes through that park, it takes a similar route to the 220 once through finglas but starts in city centre and not in ballymun then heads towards blanch. That bus comes every 30mins to 15 mins and goes through all the blanch business parks. Ive never heard of or seen a 220d

It doesn't say 220D on the front of the bus. It's a route deviation that brings the route through Dublin Industrial Estate and then back onto the normal route through Finglas and Blanchardstown. If you look on the website it has d - via Dublin Industrial Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The d is just a footnote in the timetable. Dublin Bus use letters for footnotes in timetables where needed.

The footnote refers to the fact that both the 1635 ex-Ballymun and 0725 ex-Ladyswell both operate via Dublin Industrial Estate on the Finglas Road.

That is completely separate from any routings in the Blanchardstown area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Hi, does the 220 stop anywhere near IT Blanchardstown?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi, does the 220 stop anywhere near IT Blanchardstown?

The map of the route shows it stopping near enough to Riversdale Community College, so it's walkable.

• Advertisement

It stops in Corduff, just before the roundabout at the college.

Advertisement