Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Christmas lights

Options
  • 16-12-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a rather large set of Christmas lights where every 2nd light is not working. I have replaced the blown bulbs which were slightly black, but this did not solve the problem. The set of lights have a control box, which allows the set of lights to be set to flash slow or fast or to stay on continuously.

Any explanations of why this problem is occurring and suggestions as of how to solve this problem are welcomed.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Double check each bulb. Lights are normally daisy chained to every other bulb, explained every second light working

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh one of the unlit ones could be either loose or blown (without being black). I suppose it's possible the control box could be at fault somehow, but it's more likely to be one of those bulbs. They never work straight away when you take them out every year...stupid series connection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Surprised leds havent come to the fore now (or maybe they have:) ).

Advertisement