Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDD death

• 16-12-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hopefully someone can give me some advice. I got an error E68 message and one red light on my xbox last night and after a bit of checking it seems the problem lies with my harddrive. The xbox works fine if i plug it out.

Now what I'm wondering is, is it now a simple case of buying a replacement HD and starting all my games from scratch again or is there any way of recovering the information from the broken harddrive?

I have Live so i'm guessing my gamer points and all can be recovered but not my save games. Am I right? Any opinions/advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

What type of HDD is it? 20, 60 or 120 GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Oh yeah sorry, its a 20GB.

If you upgrade to 120 GB, you should get a transfer cable and disc. This allows you to transfer data from a 20 to 120 GB HDD only. Check out the contents of new HDD before you buy though!

Ah I see, Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can salvage it, I dont really feel like investing another 100+ hours in Fallout 3 let alone another 20 other games...

On a side note if the transfer fails will I be able to redownload arcade games and DLC for free to my gamertag profile. For example Battlefield 1943, as i've already paid for them?

I believe so, as long as you keep the same console (and there's no reason for you to change in this situation).

• Advertisement

Cheers! Off to the shops with me so!

Advertisement