Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good laptop bargains?

• 16-12-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm looking for a lap top want to spend less that 600 - maybe even less than 500, it will be just for internet access, watching movies, skype etc no gaming....anyone any ideas, I am very confused by the volume available....are t:Dshiba the best, all advice much apprecieated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Just baught a laptop two days ago and have to say best prices and laptops i found were at pc world great laptops for under 400 quid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Reads on nassau street had a v.cheap laptop for less than €150 just for web browsing. No idea of the spec. Think it was about €130 but i assume your looking for something a little more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Just baught a laptop two days ago and have to say best prices and laptops i found were at pc world great laptops for under 400 quid too.

I have had bad dealings with Pc World as they tend to refuse refunds. Or atleast they try to. Power city is well worth a look last time I was up there they had some fairly sweet deals for under 500 some for under 400 your really better off having a look at the specs yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I picked this one for my sister a few weeks back and she is very happy with it. She had a similar budget and planned use as you.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172314

The only thing was that it doesn't have a webcam, so I gave her a spare one I had, but she told me she is unlikely to use it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Just found out...

Its actually only €110

Its called the Disgo Netbook 3000

Its not what your looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I think you will find it hard to beat an Acer. They seem to be very cheap and as good as anything else out there. I have about 5 dells and 2 acers and there is no great difference, although the oldest acer is only coming up on 12 months. The dells are all 2-5 years old.

I bought the acers from Dabs.ie. Their prices are generally pretty good, but do try acerdirect.co.uk. Also try the B grade stuff both Dabs and acerdirect sell, you can pick up bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Never had a problem with and Acer laptop, stay away from Dell anyway always fail a week after warranty runs out! (and too there factory out of Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Saw in a paper today Dell are doing the 15 for €399. Good laptop, got one myself. You may want to go for 9 cell battery when speccin it, worth the extra €70 imo!

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Zynks wrote: »
    I picked this one for my sister a few weeks back and she is very happy with it. She had a similar budget and planned use as you.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172314

The only thing was that it doesn't have a webcam, so I gave her a spare one I had, but she told me she is unlikely to use it anyway.

Great specs on that for the price. In the Sunday Independent 2 weeks ago, they compared the an Acer laptop from Argos and Currys (I think it was Currys anyway), and the Argos price was around 200 euro cheaper! For the exact same laptop.

Worth having a look there too before you purchase one.

www.dell.ie/outlet

Great bargains to be had here.

I think the idea of the site is that these are laptops people have returned/canceled after they're been built but as Dell 'build to order' they can't sell them on as custom made so they stick them on here.

If you find a bargain on the site, don't expect it to be there after you've thought about it for a day or two. The good deals get snapped up straight away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Just to correct my above post - it wasn't Currys, it was PC World.

Advertisement