Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadburys coolock

Options
  • 16-12-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

went for lunch with the bro today and we were driving past cadburys. and it reminded me of a story i heard about it.

The seemingly is a fairy mound in it. and from different versions of the story i heard was that there was also bodies buried under it .

anyway long stroy short the guard dogs wont go near the hill. and i have never seen them on the hill. there was also some story about a man who dug the hill and broke his leg.

anyway the brother remeber all these stories too.

anyone any insight into them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I live 3 mins from Cadburys, i heard the exact same thing, and myth has it that on halloween you can usually see a strange 'face' under one of the branches every while. This is rumored to be a man that tried digging the hill many years ago, & went missing that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well according to wikipedia. there was a bronze age burial ite in coolock dating back to 1500bc. i wonder if that has anything to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Martron wrote: »
    well according to wikipedia. there was a bronze age burial ite in coolock dating back to 1500bc. i wonder if that has anything to do with it

sounds like it. Id say the bloke that dissapeared found a load of gold in there and ****ed off somewhere warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

And now yeh know why its illegal to use metal detectors in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

what he actually would have found is some broken pottery and some burnt human bones. Not worth a penny. I was joking about the gold. There is no gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Theres gold in them there hills I tell ya!!! Gold!!!:D

Fairy Gold.;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

^^Fruit and Nut case^^

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yes. There would have been quite a few of those broze age burial mounds around the area at one point. The one in Cadbury's is the only one left.

You can see it from the Malahide road as you pass by the UCI.

Lived in the area for over 30 years. Have never heard of any stories connected to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I thought the gaurd dog couldnt reach the hill because they were tied up..

I heard it's a burial mound that dates back before the pyramids..not quite as elaborate but older! Havent heard any ghost stories about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SHOOTAUDITION

I remember when i lived in Darndale, i use to buk of school and go over to cadburys for the black bags of goodies out the back. That was many years ago but i remember the storys. Now i am hoping to get as much feedback as i can about the hill. The reason ofr this is id like to make a film about it. Any info you may find out please post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I don't remember any stories about Cadburys,but there's definitely loads about St Davids in Artane being haunted by "the blue boy"
    scared the bejaysus out of me as a kid

Advertisement