Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bird of prey mystery

• 16-12-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Saturday and Sunday while out shooting on a farm in clonakilty Co. Cork(west) i observered a very large bird of prey. It was about three times the size of a crow and floated maybe 150 ft above a hill. It looked to be brown in colour with a grey chest with specks it also had rounded large wings and a shot head. Could anyone identify it as i am not a bird expert?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Saturday and Sunday while out shooting on a farm in clonakilty Co. Cork(west) i observered a very large bird of prey. It was about three times the size of a crow and floated maybe 150 ft above a hill. It looked to be brown in colour with a grey chest with specks it also had rounded large wings and a shot head. Could anyone identify it as i am not a bird expert?

Interesting Freudian slip here? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Normally I'd say Buzzard, but some of your description points to short eared owl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sounds like a Buzzard. Of course it depends on what kind of Crow it was 3 times bigger than.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

It sounds very like a buzzard all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

I reckon its a buzzard too. Gotten really common lately. Have 3 living across the road from ny house. A kestral parks himself on me garden fence most days too :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement