Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy peacocks

Options
  • 16-12-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey All,
    I'd be grateful if anyone knew, or could suggest a place where I could buy a pair of breeding peacocks. I have tried the usual sites, donedeal etc , but they seems very expensive, and in short supply. Any help or advice appreciated !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

keep an eye on papers for local poultry fairs, its best place to get them, hope you have plenty room, they like to travel a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

thanks for the reply, but I've given that a try .....and I'm running outa time because its for a christmas present !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sounds like the "twelve days of Christmas.."

Try a visitor farm?

We kept/bred them a long while.They stayed home but destructive to the garden. Finally we put up a large fruit cage to protect the vegetables.

Beautiful creatures but thick.
    thanks for the reply, but I've given that a try .....and I'm running outa time because its for a christmas present !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

pair of breeding peacocks? shouldn't that be a peacock and peahen? Can't help you. Fox got to the neighbours Peacock.

Advertisement