Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop turns on but does nothing else

Options
  • 16-12-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a medion MD98300 laptop which until a couple of days ago has been working fine except that maybe the battery life was a bit short at only half an hour even when in power saver mode.

Last Sunday I was using the laptop, shut it down and came back to it about 3 hours later. When I turned on the laptop it powered on but the screen did not turn on and none of the indicator lights (e.g. hdd, charging) were on, and there has been no improvement since. The only things I can think of that may have affected the laptop were that the room was fairly cold and I had ran Disk Cleanup in Vista (deleting the hibernation files) before shutting down the laptop.

Any insight that anyone could give me on what may have happened to the laptop or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Also what would be involved in the connecting the laptop hdd to a desktop or another laptop .

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unless you left it in a meat locker (and... even then) the laptop would have run fine. And even deleting an operating system wouldnt cause those symptoms.

To connect the hard drive to another system just get a USB interface from a brick and mortar, should cost around 15 euro.

So how do you know the laptop is powering on if nothing is lighting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I know its powering on because the light for the power button turns on and the fans turn on. What shops in Dublin sell the usb interface?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

worst comes to worst try a fresh install of the OS and if its still bandy its probably the HDD

Advertisement