Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to play flightgear?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

it keeps goin to the left, i cant even get it to take off??? ive seen the control keys but they dont help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

mink_man wrote: »
    it keeps goin to the left, i cant even get it to take off??? ive seen the control keys but they dont help!

I've the same problem... Has me baffled.:confused:
    Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

I was baffled by that when I first started too. That drift to the left is caused by the propellor... I think it's called torque.

An easy way to control it and get moving is to steer using the wheel brakes, so you press the "," and "." keys. In a real aeroplane these would be foot pedals.

See here: http://www.flightgear.org/Docs/getstart/getstartch7.html#x13-1050007.5

Don't forget you can get scenery for most parts of the world, including Ireland. The city of Paris is fairly well developed, so take a look at that. I think my favourite scenery though is to fly around the Bay of Naples, Vesuvias and all that.

You can get scenery packs here: http://www.flightgear.org/Downloads/scenery-1.0.1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

It just goes to show how realistic it is, in reality any prop plane will have a tendancy to yaw left or right when you increase/decrease the throttle so you have to counter with a touch of rudder to keep it straight.

Quite impressive that it does that actually, I'm not sure if FSX does.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Yeah, the Flightgear people went to a lot of trouble to get realistic flight dynamics - much more so than most commercial flight sims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

bump

Looking at getting this,whats the word on the street reg it???

Im a bit tired of fs9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭SeanMcp

my flightgear always freezes n the sound is gone on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

pclancy wrote: »
    It just goes to show how realistic it is, in reality any prop plane will have a tendancy to yaw left or right when you increase/decrease the throttle so you have to counter with a touch of rudder to keep it straight.

Quite impressive that it does that actually, I'm not sure if FSX does.
    Fsx 'can' do it. thier default aircraft dont, but the simulator supports a lot more than it showcases.

Advertisement