Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I start off with ?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi there,

im only new to the whole airsoft thing and have instantly got addicted....
    could anyone be able to advise me on the best gun to start off with ??

i was looking at getting the G36C, would that be a safe bet to start off with ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Try going to a site on a weekend and asking players if you can take a look at their guns, most players will be happy to show off their kit.
    The JG G36C is one of the most reliable clone AEG's going.
    Just remember to get a good battery too and maybe an extra mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

g36, good boots, good mask/goggles and your set.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Yup i've seen JG g36c's being used and abused and still work great. Great for a starter AEG. But before you decide to buy it i would go and ask a few of the regulars at your local site or drop into an airsoft retailer. They will be sure to help you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Best advice as already posted is get out and Try before you buy ,

now after the your question should be asking yourself is

What do i need to get started

What role do i want to play ,ie support ,sniper ,cqb ,all out assault

What loadout do i want to use

US Army ,Marines,PMC (private military contractor)british military,french russian and so on,

How much do i want to spend or can i spend

Will i be playing as general skirmish's or dedicated Milsim

The JG G36 is a legend in the community extremely well priced ,Bullet proof reliability and pelnty of upgrades available if you feel the need ,its the aeg that you would buy first and a few years later still be using you wont hear bad thing about the G36 c from JG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Yep the G36c is a damn safe bet. I will probably be heavily abusing mine most likely- my kit gets weathered by being repeatedly dropped and dragged around in CQB and such. I heard that it can be thrown around repeatedly and Still works. Its also a sure fire performer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Can vouch whole-heartidly for the TM G36C - more than 3 years skirmishing on it now, well over 150,000 rounds and still hasn't skipped a beat! (and it certainly hasn't had an easy life)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Before the days of Chinasoft. the TM g36 was 'ye olde gun of noobs'....Bombproof gun, rental gun, first gun... hell solid performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

Phractal wrote: »
    Yep the G36c is a damn safe bet. I will probably be heavily abusing mine most likely- my kit gets weathered by being repeatedly dropped and dragged around in CQB and such. I heard that it can be thrown around repeatedly and Still works. Its also a sure fire performer :)
    i wouldnt advise throwing it around lol but ye its a goods buy if its JING GONG

Dr. shredder- throwing it aint deliberate or planned, merely necessary on occasion (like someone throwing it to me for some reason and me not catching it) but definately this gun, and the Galaxy MP5k, are indestructable! The Galaxy MP5k went through incredible abuse and Still worked perfectly. Lol though I wont try driving over it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Alan09k wrote: »
    hi there,

im only new to the whole airsoft thing and have instantly got addicted....
    could anyone be able to advise me on the best gun to start off with ??

i was looking at getting the G36C, would that be a safe bet to start off with ?

First off, forget about a G-36. I have one, and they are a great gun but the options for upgrading and the accessories available are severly limited. I'd go for something like an M-4 S-system
    M4_Series_S-System.jpg

Or even better a HK 416

4167t.jpg

Basically anything you can fit to a standard rail will go on these. Grips, Lasers, Torches, Grenade launchers, Scopes, sights, you name it. So you can grow the gun as time goes on.
    Basically everything you see in both pictures are interchangable......

Secondly. Buy good kit first.
    If you go bargin basement stuff initally you will tend to spend more time fixing the darn thing than you will using it.

Thirdly, if you really find you like the sport then you can pick up a G-36 at a later stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Alvin, I'm afraid I disagree with you,
    there is nothing wrong with the G36, there are just as many accesories available if you look around, same with upgrades, what ever an M4 takes internally a G36 can take, bar the hop-up chamber.
    If the OP wants a G36, there is no reason why he should not get, out of the box reliability and it's not an M4 (says a self confesed M4WHore).
    Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

why not just save a little longer and get a preupgraded g36 such as the kwa offering,,,,,,,,,, one mental gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just want to add something to this thread:

Airsoft is largely based on role-play...so I'd say pick a gun that you LIKE the look of, and then find out what brand suits the following:
    - Quality
    - Cost Effectiveness

You'll have more fun if you buy what you WANT to own, and want to look like (in terms of loadout). So if you want a G36, then buy it. The JG and TM G36 comes highly recommend it, but I would only recommend it if it's a specific one you'd like to own.

The G36c is one hell of a device. It looks very modern, feels good, and shoots damn well. Two guys were using em today, in rather modern loadouts. They looked very awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alan09k

thanks for all the advice !! biggrin.gif

It has been very helpful. I have opted to go for the g36 after gettin a feel for it in the shops and out using it in a game. Got the basic kit too so im fully kitted out now.
    Now i just gotta get out and have a few run outs with it!!!

Thanks again guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Good Luck Buddy

All you need now is a barrel load of energy and a requirment for lots of fun.

Dont forget to ask all the guys lots of questions and learn all you can.

Oh and keep it safe,

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Alan09k wrote: »
    Got the basic kit too so im fully kitted out now.

Oh, you're never fully kitted out. You're only getting started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Oh, you're never fully kitted out. You're only getting started.

let the spiral of financial ruin begin! ;)

Advertisement